• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

G.I.P.'s 2017 "oh HAIL no" Glog

This is currently a placeholder for what i will attempt to piece together as a Glog for this year 

I took hardly any pics of my seedlings, :(  and when the weather was finally warm enough at night for my plants to go outside;  They got shredded by hail, nearly drown in rains for days straight, tore up by winds. :mope:

Long story shortened, my season has had a rough start and most of my plants don't look so good  :neutral:

So, although my plants are not nearly as nice as many others who have Glogs i have been following.
I will attempt to keep a log of this years grow anyway :)

Pics to follow soon...

:cheers:

got the plants covered up in sheets again...
 cold tonight but supposed to warm up a little for the rest of the week 

Todays pull
xH1EyRx.jpg

and about this many out their still  :dance:

mini update :

covering and uncovering the remaining 40 pepper plants, as well as being able to readily relocate them to the driveway where this time of year they can get 2 extra hours of direct sunlight each day compared to where they were in the backyard has helped tremendously in extending my season, and every extra week helps  :cool:
i'm still harvesting      :dance:  :dance:    :dance:
not as big of pulls as previous harvests, but plenty of peppers anyway :D

can't believe it got up to 68F/20C today here  :shocked:

rwfIS8F.jpg

aV9knJE.jpg

ZVCvUJF.jpg

uw6QP3g.jpg

:eek:        :metal:

Final Harvest for the year:

IyGEsmn.jpg

Bbi3DY5.jpg

that's it folks, all the plants i intend to overwinter got extreme haircuts and an Azamax bath today, and moved into the growroom

I might continue this Glog through the winter if anyone is interested in seeing their progress all winter under 1000W HPS

thanks for stopping by to check out the harvest :)

G.I.P.

some plant prepping pics;

imHZzGZ.jpg

Plants on the left not yet trimmed, plants on the right have started getting their haircuts

7dkm5iS.jpg

Bathtime for pepper plants  lets mix up some suds according to the Azamax directions for foliar application  :party:

s9w9xig.jpg

Gently rubbing the leaves while spraying the plants down helps insure you dont miss any spots

SXwMI8P.jpg

Now we mix up the Azamax and water according to the directions for soil drench

KVUjmGp.jpg

Soak that soil down really good, it helps to hold off on watering for a couple days before you do this so the soil really soaks up your suds instead of just running off

now lets bring em inside...

1ivWloH.jpg

yes i know the plastic is backwards on the windows, I wanted the white side facing out.  I will cover it with another layer with the white side of the pandaplastic facing in

7dZ4B5B.jpg

the HPS light fixture will be moved, and my 8 lamp 4 foot T5 fixture will be going up in here as well, if they need even more i got a couple UFO led fixtures as well.

will update periodically throughout the winter, though they will be growing much slower

thanks for stopping by

G.I.P. 

Well i suppose i'm pretty long overdo for an update here...

how about we start in the house with the plant table the Bonchi's are on:

u2Fawsj.jpg

on the left you can see the original Emu Egg Bonchi, and next to it is what grew from 1 of its cloned branches that i trimmed back when i transplanted it.
up in front is a Black Pearl Bonchi    flowering now  :party:

wamxUmc.jpg

the Christmas cactus is starting to flower now too :D
8pLRCtq.jpg

eb4E6Pd.jpg

here's a closeup of the baby Black Pearl bonchi 

next up is the fullsize overwinters out in the garage under HPS...

stay tuned
:)

update continued:

h02HefA.jpg

some ripe fruits on a few overwinters

72vntJW.jpg

lighting looks really weird on this pic these are being overwintered with CFL's in 6500k and a cheapo 15w LED spotlight, along with ambient indirect HPS light
they are doing much better that i thought they would 

Ieskvhd.jpg

Dulce Sol has some mishapen pods 
in fact many of my plants that i chose to save because they showed great phenotype all summer, are now maturing into odd shaped fruits
my guess is the cold at the end of the season, or the shock of moving indoors into a totally different climate has something to do with it.

D8LZ3fD.jpg

Aji Fantasy is throwing out some off looking shapes indoors as well

L267zAI.jpg

Grenada Seasoning

vFFL21o.jpg

this was an off pheno Trinidad Cherry yellow
it looked nothing like it was supposed to, but was crazy prolific, and very tasty, so i decided to save it :)

Sw1JvZ7.jpg

Cream Fatalii 

StYrl0Z.jpg

Primo

CwHNX4p.jpg

Serrano x Bulgarian carrot

abPGTZw.jpg

Bonnet-Bell

pyjx27o.jpg

e7Y1kzp.jpg

Aji Mango

rtvpzQh.jpg

Pimenta Puma

eY2B8Nz.jpg

Peru Bitdumi Rocoto

YHOi11r.jpg

Yaki Blue dropped almost all its leaves after i finally moved it in, but look at all that new growth :D

QFjJSPS.jpg

thanks for stopping by to check out the winter progress
i hope to be able to update more frequently with lots of new growth and maybe even some new pods forming for early spring eating  :party:

G.I.P.

Back