• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Kings Of Flavor....Not Of Heat

As where always talking about the Superhots and comparing heat for heat,Thought it be nice to have a thread about flavor over heat for a change and it might give some others an idea what else they might enjoy in the Coming year,So Please what variety's have surprised you in there texture,Taste, medium heat or no heat at all and what you think you fancy to grow or eat in 2008/09.My list Of my Favorite Kings Of Flavor :)

Champion (C00774) Great pepper lovely flavors and a nice subtle bit of heat Just the the most tasty Baccatum I have had.Heat Level - Low To Medium

Fresno - Looking for a different plant to grow rather than a Jalapeno here it is.A little sweeter Than a Jala but just amazing in a Salsa,Canned,Powder or otherwise.Great Cold tolerance to.Heat Level - Medium

Datil - Yep it is fairly hot but for taste and medium heat one of the finest peppers to grow..Great in absolutely anything.Heat Level..Exremley Hot.

Pink Habanero - Bell peppers are great but this maybe a pepper than can take them on in flavor, like eating sweets.Heat Level - Sweet With a Tiny amount of heat from Some.
but that lovely Habanero taste to,A great pepper that will accompany other variety's in any context.

Aji Limon/Hot lemon - Both great plants which produce loads of pods and as good as one another,The citrus fruit `lemon` taste is the best any other pepper i have grown,Just fantastic.Heat Level - Hot.

Jindungo - Great taste with Strawberry/Berry overtones sent some pods by a friend and its up on my grow list for 09..Nice subtle heat to.Heat Level - Low - Medium

Pimenta De Neyde - A very hot one,Not superhot but makes up for it in its c.chinese taste and aroma,Beautiful taste and makes the most amazing powder..If thisnt on grow ist now..Makes sure it is.
The bonus it looks mazing beautiful purple stems,tricolor leaves
and pods that stay purple from start to finish.Heat Level - Hot

Golden Greek Pepperoncini - Wow what a pepper just oozing taste and acnt wait to grow it it is sweet but there is a little heat there to great stuffed,On pizza fantastic pepper .Heat Level - Sweet(with small amount of heat).

Aji Cristal - Like the champion a wonderful flavor and a great stuffing pepper and used as a salsa,Best flavor when there ot Quite Mature..But still nice when they are and rounded of with a nice Jalapeno type heat.Heat Level - Medium

Orange Habaneros: very fruity; flavor can still be tasted when using little amounts of powder;

Spanish or Turkish pepperoni: heatlevel only about 5-6 but very nice aroma fresh and as powder;

Lemon Drop: great lemon aroma;

talas you can add Bishop Hat to that list. It's a mild peppers with good flovor and a really cool shape. They make great mild poppers because they are easy to just cut the top off and stuff. My wife's favorite.

What a wonderfull colorful post you have there, talas.

What really surpised me was Piquins, great flavor and that juice just squirts all of your mouth whne you pop them.

: looks around for someone to comment on the sexual inuendo in my post :

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
talas you can add Bishop Hat to that list. It's a mild peppers with good flovor and a really cool shape. They make great mild poppers because they are easy to just cut the top off and stuff. My wife's favorite.

Nice to hear that my friend,That was just a personal list of mine and great to see that you mentioned the bishop`s hat on my grow list for next year and thx for confirming the taste,Looking forward to that one indeed :shocked:

imaguitargod said:
What a wonderfull colorful post you have there, talas.

What really surpised me was Piquins, great flavor and that juice just squirts all of your mouth whne you pop them.

: looks around for someone to comment on the sexual inuendo in my post :

Hell yeah, pequins have a lot more flavor than you'd expect, and plenty of heat to go with it. They make a damn tasty powder too. But I like carrying them around in a bottle just in case I need a heat fix. They're like little red crack rocks :shocked:

Well, for peppers that aren't hot, i really like the taste of anaheims myself. They seem to brighten up any recipe that calls for bells.

But my absolute flavor favorite are true scotch bonnets. I cant seem to get enough of them.

What country that pepper Jindungo come from Talas, look like Australian variety like to have some seeds of those when you have in stock.
Vladan

I forgot to mention my taste faves: I guess it's Champion and Lombardo. Both aren't too hot, but I love to snack them straight off the plant, they're great!

Those are mine by favor peppers:
Fatallii yellow/red,Datil,Mustard Habanero,Trinidad Perfume,Arivivi/Aribibi Gusano,Thai's, & Turkish Pepperoncini.

915river said:
What country that pepper Jindungo come from Talas, look like Australian variety like to have some seeds of those when you have in stock.
Vladan

Angola is its Origin But used extensively in Portugal along with Piri Piri :)
benguela_jindungo.jpg

Txclosetgrower said:
Hell yeah, pequins have a lot more flavor than you'd expect, and plenty of heat to go with it. They make a damn tasty powder too. But I like carrying them around in a bottle just in case I need a heat fix. They're like little red crack rocks :)

I have been eating mine like candy. Would be a hit if you could make a pop rock version of the pequins. Sweet, heat, then...blam!

Cheers, TB.

Back