•  

Photo

Strawberry, Blueberry, or Pineapple Hot Sauce or Jelly Recipes?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grapeful_Peppers

Grapeful_Peppers

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:05 PM

I have a few habaneros, about 15-20 small but very hot jalapenos and will have about 10 trinidad scorpion peppers ready soon and looking for some good recipes to use with them. I am a complete beginner and never made hot sauce or jelly so keep that in mind please lol. Also I am looking to make a range of heat options so a mild version and holy crap hot versions as well.

Thanks for any help!

#2 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 14,789 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x8)

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:27 PM

:welcome: to THP!!!!

There are lots of recipes and some will post here soon. 

My first comments are....

If you want a medium sauce, look at something as mild as 2-3 habaneros per gallon of sauce.  I know, it sounds pretty crazy, but it is really as tame as that. 

When making pepper jellies, I like ripe peppers with ripe fruits.  I don't like green jalapeno and (some fruit) jelly.  That's just a personal preference.  I think that ripe peppers with ripe fruits taste better in jams/jellies.  Beyond that, then you get into the whole ...which chile tastes good with which fruit decisions??   

Have Fun and post pics~~~

SL

PureEvilProducts
The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"
PepperPeopleRock! 

#3 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:25 AM

Pineapple and mango goes great with habs, bonnets or similar peppers. It can be as simple as a can of concentrate and some fresh crushed pineapple for the fruit part. Grilled pineapple rings are also super tasty. Can be done under a broiler too. You just want a slight caramelizing on the pineapple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests