• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Glogs

Grow Logs for hot peppers.
Hi everyone! And happy new year! This is my 2nd year growing peppers, and after last years disaster due to lack of good weather i decided i'd start an indoor hydro grow instead. i dont have a lot of space to work with so i decided i'd only grow a few plants so these are the varieties i started with: yellow 7pod 7pod jonah trinidad scorpion morouga blend dorset naga fatali these were all purchased from neil @ thehippyseedcompany.com and i'd recommend them to everyone! he also sent me a dried bhut jolokia pod so i planted a couple of seeds from that too. so i started 2 of each in root riot cubes on 27.9.2010 and most were up within a week except for the jonah's and fatali which i abandoned after 3 weeks. i kept these under a 105w cfl...
So far my grow season has been satisfying for me. I must say though, with out my overwinters, I would probably not be as happy as I am My grow list goes a little like: Douglah (Tooninoz) Fiji Embers (Tooninoz) Red Habanero (Market bought pods) Big Reds (Market bought pods) Yellow 7 Pot (Gasificada & THSC) Bhut Jolokia (Ebay) White Hab (Ebay) Chocolate Hab (Ebay) Orange Hab (Bunnings) Morouga Red (Niel THSC) Bonda Ma Jacques (THSC) Burkina (THSC) Aji Lemon (THSC) Peri Peri (Ebay) Yellow Bhut (Gasificada) Jalapeno (Woolworths) Trinidad Scorpion (THSC) My overwinters were: (x1 each) Long Green (Woolworths pods) Birdseye (Woolworths pods) Trinidad Scorpion (Ebay) Bhut Jolokia (Ebay) Chocolate Hab (THSC) White Hab (THSC) My seedling...
This is the official start to my grow log, and I'm starting the log off early by asking for some input. I'm about to order my seeds from peppermania and wanted to know what you guys think. Is there anything I should not bother with? Goats Weed Lemon Drop Fatali Pimento Peruvian White Habanero Chocolate Habanero Brazilian Starfish Cajamarca and though it's no longer on the site the "garden of fire" with i think 3 different 7 pots and another superhot that I can't recall. And to continue in the spirit of my grow log both of my overwintered plants seem to be doing well a bhut and a plain Habanero.
Hi, I first tried growing hot pepper last year, in center of Belgium. Very interresting results and quite good crop, but I started to sow too late. I overwintered the best varieties with success, for now. Just had to get rid of aphids one time. This year I modified a very small room of my house, for my sowings and seedlings : (Coca-Cola for the scale :-) The lights can be adjusted in height and the room can be warmed up to 30 °C. On the walls : Mylar Diamond ( http://www.cultureindoor.com/rouleau-10-m-mylar-diamond-easy-grow-1-25m-x-1m.html ) Lights : T5 Superplant 216 watts Grow 6500K 120 cm x 35 cm ( http://www.cultureindoor.com/eclairage-lampes-kit/t5-superplant-48-96-216-432w/t5-superplant-216w-croissance-6500k.html )...
Ok, First organized grow this year, already started some plants, but I'm holding off on the rest cos' ive ran out of room inside and its far to cold to be even letting them thinkabout going outside yet. I also have some overwintered cayenne types from last season. My plants this year shall be: Trinidad Scorpion Naga Morich Bhut Jolokia Red Bhut Jolokia Yellow Bhut Jolokia Chocolate Red 7 Pot/Pod White Habanero Scotch Bonnet Ring of Fire Jalapeño So far I've started on my Scorps, the Morich and my first batch of scotch bonnets, I've got eight small scorps going strong but only one very sickly Naga morich (it got a roll of carpet dropped on it, all chilli growing should be done away from family members) Although I'm hopeful it will...
Hey yall. i'm back . Did you miss me? i havent been on the forums since july . Feels like forever !!! and I decided to start it up again. I'm bac at growing though i'm starting over from scratch. i just set some orange hab seeds and last year i though i would never grow another one of them again cuz i had so much.Now i'm groeing them again. I had an old aquarium and i set up a germinator. Temps dont drop very low so growing chillis in winter here is more than acceptable. Pics of my rig. i germinated two seeds they got leggy under the fluros a bit cuz i kept cutting them off when i left in the morning so i set them out side. i have one going good now. I think i'll leave the light on in the day thank you. i picked upa pack of scotch...
I been encouraged to post my progress. well, I have seedlings so I guess I'll start! So, I know I have here somewhere when I started these- I guess its been a week or two? I'll look it up I was told to start my scorpions now- so here are my Trinidad scorpions that patrick sent me and Yellow Scorpions-CARDI from Cappy: and first up- THE YELLOW! as of 02.01.10 I had three seedlings, and this evening, 02.02.10 I have two more. They are in a kritter keeper (with plastic wrap on top to holdin humidity) in a large aquarium in a cold room in a south window (but we aint been getting no sun) so they have a hermit crab heater under them and a full spectrum 40 watt above them and been staying between 80 -90 F, I think thats good? and...
I've needed to get this going so here goes. The following list was started Jan. 25. It is my first time trying hydro. Got it pieced together just in time to get my chinense varieties started. It's an ebb and flow setup in nursery trays placed end to end with heat mat, under 40w flouros which I later added a six position bath bar with cfl's to the wall behind my plants in the grow area which is 5' tall 6' wide and 2' deep. If my lumen math is correct for adult plants (3000 lpsf) would be 180,000 lumen s total and @ 2000 lpsf I would need 120,000 lumen s. That is seven more of the twenty dollar 6 pos bath bars. Two on the ceiling and 5 more on the wall. That is just insane which is sad because I think my wife already thinks I'm...
Well here are a few pics of my DWC grow at the moment. The seeds were sown on 17-18 Aug 2010. They are doing better than any other plants I have going at the moment. The roots are going nuts in most of these buckets but some barely have any roots at all. There will be more pics to come tomorrow when my camera's batteries are charged. This is the biggest of them all, it's a Bhut x Giant White Hab and it stands 16-17 inches tall. Comes courtesy of a VERY generous member down in Victoria. These pictures don't do the amount of buds any justice bud he we go. This is not the best shot but will get more tomorow. Some of these pics aren't focused very well but others are quite good. I like this one, it was unintentional but i got almost...
ya, I know what you thinking; "Oh my god thats to soon", but last year I plantet my hab's way to late in the season (was my first season ever) and they flately refused to grow. I was forced to buy grown plants to get any hab's at all :oops: So this year I have decided to start the season already now, and these where just plantet: Amazon Chile Roma x 10 scotch bonnet x 10 mustard habanero x 8 orange habanero x 8 devils tongue x 10 congo black x 10 Later, in januray these will be plantet (list might change): Sweet Pepper Diablo Rodeo F1 Sweet Chocolate Black Hungarian Padron Numex Big Jim Redskin Dwarf Bell Chili Powder Pepper Krimzon Lee Monkey Face NuMex Conquistador Numex Espanhola NuMex Heritage cyklon holy mole ancho mulato As...
This whole forum has inspired me to attempt to grow a few peppers. After receiving some seeds from another forum member, I decided to give it a go myself. The original plan was to have a local farmer grow them for me, but I'd feel real bad if they did a ton of work all season and they only produced a few pounds of peppers. SO~ Here we go! The seeds I received are- Red Savina habanero bhut jolokia trinidad scorpion 7 pot- homegrown 7 pot- other I printed out the growing instructions from Peppermania to have something to work with, bought a couple 72-cell starting trays, some germination mix, recruited SalsaNut0.5 to help, and set to work. We set the seeds to soak in warm bleach water, filled the trays with dry germination mix...
Hey there guys! I know all my grow logs that I had started well, I never really kept up with them or I couldn't get the pics to upload. But this time I'm going to list all the varieties I got, and if you guys could, help me pick out some to grow... I'm kind of suprised people respond onto my thread that I've posted, seeing as how I'm new and never posted anything significant enough to be good enough for uhh, I do not know the word but yup. Anyways, here's my Varieties, some it tells me what kind they are like the Chineses or Annuum or something, but some don't unfortunately. Oh one question is the Naga Jolokia PC-1 same as the Bhut Jolokia or are they completely different? Sugar Banana (rainbow.com) Big Chile (why don't they make a...
Decided this would be a fun way to keep records of what I thought of particular chiles. Unfortunately I do not have video capability so it won't be as fun but hopefully I will be able to take pictures of what I'm eating once my camera is charged again at least. So here's my first, it's the Chocolate Bhut Jolokia. Cut in half and removed seeds, ate one half. Yeah I'm a pussy and won't do the whole thing. But half is better than a sliver. :cool: Good aroma, not very fruity, nutty though with a faint smokiness. Nice flavor at onset, mostly nutty without much fruitiness as smell would suggest. Heat onset was quite delayed, I thought I had escaped it for a second, but not at all! A minute in and I am burning horribly. Hiccups, eyes...
Back