event 16 ANNUAL CHILE&food FEST BOWERS PA (near Kutztown)

ok got all 3 posts ready and entered them all and the middle from the fest didn't show up. Grr time to retype it all again grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Spent the last hour putting it all together.
Be back with it in awhile

Ok so the original post I typed up went into the story line great but now is out of order so.....
Before going home we went to the pepperfest.
Saw some people from here.
Johnny and Nicole were great to talk to.
100_1261.jpg
100_1264.jpg

Nicole let me try the Ghost Pepper Chocolate Chip cookie and it was Yummmmmhottyummmmmmy.
100_1262.jpg

As I continued to walk around I found MothEater
100_1265.jpg

Cool guy to talk with and I hope he managed to get down to the field.
At this point I was hitting the 24 hour up mark so I apologize to anyone whose ear I talked off.
Next I found Defcon
100_1266.jpg

and picked up some mild Horsey for the old man.
As I continued my walk I came across this
100_1270.jpg

It was mixed in to margarita mix I believe. Nice flavor from the drink and this has no flavor to mess with your drink but it adds a nice kick in heat. Got back to Seth's and we used some in Vodka. Going to keep messing with it. Spicy Lemonade? Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Here is the guy responsible for it. John is on here somewhere.
100_1271.jpg

Then finally for the day I stopped by Big Fat's stand. Jeremy and Kat are great people to talk to. I gave them some Fatalii Cheesecake and I could tell they would be great on here so I gave them the info and hopefully soon they will be members. They have an 8 sauce line. I bought #3 which is a garlic and ginger hot sauce that tastes great. I also tried #4? which is a Jerk flavored/inspired sauce, pretty good to me and my not jerk experienced tongue. Here is 8
100_1274.jpg

This is supposed to be their hottest and has a nice kick. It has Indian spices and just screams Thai food to me.
Then it was time to go home.

AWESOME Brian! Now get to making that sauce :rofl:
All are stocked and I had alot with me just in case someone wanted some. Guess coming down Saturday would have been better but I had fun at the field and the fest both, and the field was top priority for me.

Cool - thanks for the pics! Gotta admit - I'm surprised no one came out of the fields covered wit mud!

Did you leave any pods on the plants? I am still planning on going over there and doing some picking. I guess I better wait a couple weeks.

Did you leave any pods on the plants? I am still planning on going over there and doing some picking. I guess I better wait a couple weeks.

There were tons of unripened pods left on all the plants. Especially on the Scorpians and Habs. I guess some companies ordered them for their sauce making prior to the field day. I'd say you'd be solid in a couple weeks. I have a field list somewhere around here with row numbers and all. I'll scan that tonight and add it to the thread so you can know exactly what you're after and where to find it.

:)

Looks like a great time - might have to plan on that next time around
It's a show you really shouldn't miss. I called it a small town festival with a large town turnout. I was amazed at how many people attended this ahow, and was equally amazed at how many vendors there were. We have been wanting to do this show for years, but the date always conflicted with Zest Fest in TX. Now that Zest Fest is in January, we'll be attending from now on. The people came to buy, not just to graze (like the Fiery Foods show), and they were all nice people in good moods. I was really waiting for Rod Serling to peek his head out from behind a tree, as few of the larger events we do are this relaxed and laid back. This show is the real deal.

There were a load of half ripes so you should be good by far. Also, for Irene and walking they took up the branches with string. I don't know if they do this every year, but it hides a lot so stick your head in where you can't see in and look around. Especially on chocolate varieties since they hide well. The Fatalii's apparently didn't make it this year, but Seth found a pepper that looks like a faded Fatalii with the same flavor and heat. Ajijoe said it was a Habajolokia.

OK. Got to this sooner than expected. Here is the list (a tad crumpled from the fest) of all the produce, prices, and rows to find it. I was told that if you go after the fest you need to wait till 9 and then go get a bag from the shop BEFORE going to the fields. Hope this helps some of you!

Looks like a good time must've been had at the festival. AjiJoe asked me to post these pictures for him. :) That little girl is just adorable!!

Chris

triniscorpfatghohabgho.jpg

SHAILYNNFUTURECHILEHEAD.jpg

mywifetrish.jpg

ME.jpg

fullview.jpg

amandasfavinfinty5.jpg

2bagsofmixedgoodies.jpg

yellowhabalokiajar.jpg

that last pick shows some of those peach bhuts top left corner are some f2 hybrids of the orange and lemon bhut jolokias did show up and joe wins for best sauce this year just delicios and painful put half the dish on my chip luckily there was the ice cream next to it

thanks all

i had a super time
and thanks to all who came

i actually found some time to squeeze in here you guys are beating me up with orders for those peach bhuts but i must be nuts because i love it!!

the pic of the little girl is Shailynn my late nieces baby now ours, she had a great time too
i call the pic Shailynn future chile head she is holding a bouquet of Nippon Taka peppers

the women with he tongue out is my wife Trish, she is something else!!

the next one is me well now many have a face you know what i look like now, my Mom and Shailynn are in the back

i suppose the other pics kind speak for themselves

thanks Chris again and thanks all your friend Joe

Sorry to hear that. I was also planning on attending, but ended up not able to. Hopefully at least ONE attendee isn't a slacker with pics!

bahah...I brought my fancy camera...and left it in the car the whole time. not one picture of the event

Back