• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

1st Peppers

Growing my first peppers and never realized there was such a interest in it. Not hard to get hooked. These guys were something I found at the local co-op and thought I take a shot at it. Its like an instant love affair. Gotta work on my picture taking. They went into the ground April 10 and the first pods started to appear a few days ago. Seeing more everyday.
002LaTabascoJune102010.jpg

001LaTabascoApril102010.jpg

003LaTabascoJune1020102.jpg

These were identified as simply Tabasco so I'm not real sure which Tabasco they are, maybe when I can get a more detail pic tomorrow someone might recognize them
018.jpg

015-1.jpg

Nice setup. Tabasco is a great plant to grow.Your hooked,If you take pics of your plants your in like flint.HAHAHA

Garden's lookin good. But, what's all that green stuff on the other side of the fence? GRASS you say? Not to worry. That'll all be gone in a year or two. It a well known fact that once a garden starts, it continues to grow until death (yours). :scared:

Enjoy your new obsession. :)

Garden's lookin good. But, what's all that green stuff on the other side of the fence? GRASS you say? Not to worry. That'll all be gone in a year or two. It a well known fact that once a garden starts, it continues to grow until death (yours). :scared:

Enjoy your new obsession. :)

Amen!

Garden is looking great. I see a lot of potential for an even bigger one next year. Acres and acres of chili's. Oh my!

Do you have deer in your area?

Not behind every tree... I go on a 2 week trip to Lake Superior for some lake trout fishing next week. I took these pictures from the garden. So far they have'nt jumped the fence but as soon as they see me gone it'll take them about 3 days and PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! I planted the corn on the wrong side of the fence ....and I was a little delusional even putting up a fence

008.jpg

Will deer eat peppers I thought they would'nt? The peppers in the garden will probably get stomped if not eaten. I'd love to try a bed for just peppers I didnt realize they were so much fun to grow. The deer have stayed out of the garden for now but they come to the creek to drink and have stood and watched me putzin around. Come fall I'll make Venison Curry with Pumpkin if I still have a pumpkin and Tabasco when I get home.

Not behind every tree... I go on a 2 week trip to Lake Superior for some lake trout fishing next week. I took these pictures from the garden. So far they have'nt jumped the fence but as soon as they see me gone it'll take them about 3 days and PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! I planted the corn on the wrong side of the fence ....and I was a little delusional even putting up a fence

008.jpg

Will deer eat peppers I thought they would'nt? The peppers in the garden will probably get stomped if not eaten. I'd love to try a bed for just peppers I didnt realize they were so much fun to grow. The deer have stayed out of the garden for now but they come to the creek to drink and have stood and watched me putzin around. Come fall I'll make Venison Curry with Pumpkin if I still have a pumpkin and Tabasco when I get home.

Nice picture. Hopefully they don't turn your garden into a buffet!

wow there are deers in your back yard! cool! we only have stray cats wandering here in our backyard and making my containers as their toilets. :hell:

I have the perfect thing for both deer and cats. A motion sensing water sprinkler! Cats were using my garden for a litter box, not any more! :hell:

is deer meat similar to goat's meat? sorry, deers are not a common sight here in RP.

Excuse my dumbness where is RP??? Phillipines I'm thinking? Deer is closer to beef and cooked more along those lines though it makes a super good curry simmered with pumpkin or winter squash and an annahiem pepper. Its also makes delicious Bar-B Que as well as being marinated in suka dried into Jerky heavily peppered. Delicious. Same as monkey meat.

I've never tried goat but they are farmed extensively here in Middle Tennessee. Would you recognize a dish called (spelling may be wrong) asso-senna along with a glass and jug of lam-ba-noog?

Where do you live?

it's spelled azucena, or in filipino spelling asosena.

dog meat stew.

lambanog. precursor to white coconut vinegar hehe.

deer are endangered in the philippines.

yes RP TnTom. He's a Philippine resident like myself.

Venison is a very, very lean and tasty meat, while BBQ goat is nice too but can't touch venison IMO.

I had dog meat stew several times in the PI, it was very good and tasted much like beef stew. :)

Venison is a very, very lean and tasty meat, while BBQ goat is nice too but can't touch venison IMO.

I had dog meat stew several times in the PI, it was very good and tasted much like beef stew. :)

I recall it (Azu) being a little "gamey" but still I thought it really tasty especially when washed down with lots of San Magil, Phillipine and a Lambanog chaser :beer: Venison can get real fatty late in the winter but taken the time it can be made very lean and it can also depending on what part of the country its shot can taste a little over powering. I'd bet its probably the most eaten wild game in the country and prolific as a herd of rabbits.

Back