• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

2 Shot Dorset Naga Sauce

With the two Dorset Pods Neil (of Hippy Seed Co) sent me I have made some sauce.

Recipe:
2 de-seeded Dorset Naga pods (retaining the placenta)
50 ml cider vinegar (naturally brewed)
1 medium tomato
100 ml water
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground Coriander Seed
1 tsp fresh lime juice (I had a couple of limes)

Chopped the tomato, added all ingredients (except lime juice) to a pot and simmered for ten minutes.

Removed from heat - used the stick blender to reduce it to a thick liquid - heated some more. Blended, heated, blended... for about another ten minutes. And finally added the lime juice.

By now it had reduced to around 75 ml (2 1/2 oz) and I poured it into a spare Kaitaia Fire bottle (5 oz) I had been boiling on the back element.

Hot taste test - a slow burn, not at all concentrated as the straight Dorset was. Some lip tingle, some throat burn and a really nice lime zing to the flavour.

So got the sauce in the bottle, capped it and boiled the bottle for another five minutes.

Now leaving it to cool and then a week or so in the fridge to mature.

Hey bruz, did you try a piece of the Naga before you sauced it?
If not go outside and stay there...... forever.:)

Edit: Just saw the other thread, my bad!;)

I see you Edit ;)

Yes I did try a quarter of one. Hottest thing Ive ever had (not having had a decent hot pepper before) but a great taste and the heat was a real rush.

Back