• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2009 class

Txcloset grower,Thought you might enjoy these pics.Florida bird next to
Texas Pequin.I'm thinking they are the same genetically named pepper.Different landraces...
3531787869_0a938a720c_b.jpg

The Texas plant seems to have almost a vining habit,while the Florida bird seems to be more stalky.

scoville said:
...the Florida bird seems to be more stalky.

Mine is growing well. No buds or anything yet. How long does it usually take to throw out buds? My chineses are even starting to get buds and they were planted at the same time. Also what is its growth habit (height and diameter)? Thanks for the seeds. Can't wait to have some bite size pods I can munch on while I am checking out my plants.

Josh,Its one of my latest bloomers.I have ripening pods on several Chinenses.Not even a hint of a bud on this one yet.The mother plant,which could be several years old,is looking a bit ragged.I used to cruble up pods in the mother plant pot and have a lot of these comming up volunteer.
I don't know why they have the rep of being hard to germ.
As you can see from the pic it's almost canelike in it's growth.I have several potted up and they are all the same habit.Mine get early sun,followed by afternoon shade.They are supposed to grow best under trees,so mine are under a large palm.
If your gonna munch them better stroll with a glass of milk!They are very hot but it dissipates quickly.
I'll keep posting these 2 as it's pretty interesting side by side.

Back