• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2009 class

bigt said:
Wow Tony, very impressive list and pictures. You have way more energy than me, I like to golf occasionally. :lol:

I'm compensating,I sold my fishing boat!And no it wasn't 2n'd happiest day!It was just to old and expensive to keep running.Must have great equipment to run the Gulf(see recent news)
No golf for me,have enough hobbies!Do you golf at my old fishing hole?Lake Manassas?
Thank you Tony for contributing to my list!!!:onfire:
They are having a PGA event here this week,My customer was shuttling people there the other day and said attendance was way down this year,recession I guess.You should come down and try Innesbrooke sometime.Bring some Commonweath tourist dollars down!LOL!I've heard great things about the course and the Copperhead is wicked!If you watch it on TV its about 1/2 mile from a great pepper patch!

scoville said:
I'm compensating,I sold my fishing boat!And no it wasn't 2n'd happiest day!It was just to old and expensive to keep running.Must have great equipment to run the Gulf(see recent news)
No golf for me,have enough hobbies!Do you golf at my old fishing hole?Lake Manassas?
Thank you Tony for contributing to my list!!!:onfire:
They are having a PGA event here this week,My customer was shuttling people there the other day and said attendance was way down this year,recession I guess.You should come down and try Innesbrooke sometime.Bring some Commonweath tourist dollars down!LOL!I've heard great things about the course and the Copperhead is wicked!If you watch it on TV its about 1/2 mile from a great pepper patch!

I've played Virginia Oaks a few times at Lake Manassas. Great course designed by P. B. Dye. (Pete Dye's son for those of you up on your golf course designers) Has an island green and a tree in the middle of a bunker. Bent grass fairways and the huge greens typical of what his Dad designs. Probably my favorite course locally. Florida is a little far for me to travel just for golf, but you never know. I know Innisbrook is a fabulous place and has some sweet layouts though. That's wild that you are that close to the Copperhead 18! I tried to kill all your Fataliis that you sent me w rockwool but managed to keep one alive and got it into some Pro-Mix and now it's doing great. Got 4 more Fataliis growing courtesy of Cappy - all started in Pro-Mix and 4 for 4 on germination - all looking sweet since they just hatched a few days ago. Good luck with your small farm this year! ;)

March 29 progress
3397293704_c228b701d4_o.jpg

cream of the crop so far
3397285838_9be1ca0e89_o.jpg

I'm getting bud formation on about 50% in the second pic.

Carol,we finally got some rain Saturday and I'm afraid it's damping off.I think it's Sri Lancan,Don't worry his brother is ready to take his spot!

You better hope you don't get the rainfall we're getting up here. 5" since yesterday afternoon. Reminds me of TS Fay. Sheesh!

Puleeze!!!Sends it on down.We are in serious drought conditions here.Fire warnings,etc.Yes that Sri Lancan I'm thinking is history.I do have a backup luckily.Same Soil,same conditions,as many other plants around it.
Oh well,its survival of the fittest in the Palm Harbor Pepper Patch!

scoville said:
Puleeze!!!Sends it on down.We are in serious drought conditions here.Fire warnings,etc.

We've been pretty dry too, burn bans in some places etc. And I'm glad of that because otherwise the river here would definintely flood, not just maybe-lets-see flooding. We got another 3" yesterday and 1.5" last night. AND it's not done raining. :rolleyes:

Hey,our prayers go out to the Aussies for your conditions lately.I saw your fires on the news and can't imagine going thru someting like that!
Just have to respect Mother Nature and try to be prepare in advance.I've been extremely lucky(knocking on wood)I'm less than a mile from the Gulf,In a low area.Yes we have to be carefull what we wish for here in Florida,ask for rain we might get it...horizontal at 100 mph plus!
Carol just another couple inches of xtra would help!

scoville said:
March 29 progress
3397293704_c228b701d4_o.jpg

cream of the crop so far
3397285838_9be1ca0e89_o.jpg

I'm getting bud formation on about 50% in the second pic.
You got yourself a miniature forest going on there. :P

Looking damn good out there in Florida! I know there's plenty more you have to post too. What kinda mix you have going in those containers?

boutros said:
Looking damn good out there in Florida! I know there's plenty more you have to post too. What kinda mix you have going in those containers?

After sprouts transferred to cups I used Fox Farms Ocean Forrest.
Cups to gallons I went with pro-mix,but it had 2 much perlite in my opinion so I switched to Fafard 2s and 3s,depending where I am when I buy it.Its a bettr deal here.

peppermanbaha said:
Verry good scovile did u get any Bradley's Bahamian to sproute yet

Thanks,I didn't get them started,but I have space to squeeze them in.Its been a little chilly here the last couple of nites and I'm gernminating all outdoors now.The heating pad has been retired and we're 100% solar now.I seem to always find a bit of xtra room for Caribbean and West Indies peppers!

I found out the hard way last nite only 4 pics per post...Here's a few more.
3435010372_036bc17374_b.jpg

Yellow Thai
3435010744_4b47531f68_b.jpg

Kenya
3435011040_d53cfeb759_b.jpg

Habanero a Punta Giallo
3435011412_d89561144f_b.jpg

Purira

Back