event 2012 Jungle Jim's Weekend of Fire

Edit:

Jungle Jim's Weekend of Fire (in Fairfield, OH, near Cincinnati) is this weekend, and I'd like to see if we can have a small THP get-together. Please let me know if you'll be attending what day(s) and roughly time you'll be there.

Original post:

Yes, it's a bit early for this, but I got to thinking about it since we stopped in at Jungle Jim's this weekend. Who is thinking about going? If you've been before, and don't live in the immediate area, where did you stay? Assuming I am able to go, I'll likely stay at my daughter's place in Oxford, but was looking at the area around Jungle Jim's with an eye towards "just in case", and didn't see anything that looked appealing. If I don't stay at my daughter's, will likely head closer to 275 or in another area in Cincy. Your thoughts? I think it would be great if we could coordinate so that THP-ers going stayed pretty close as a group and hang out a bit.

If you're local to Cincy, it would be great to get some recommendations from you, too.

Here's a link to the website. It's in the Fairfield, OH area, just outside of Cincinnati, the first weekend of October.

Would LOVE if you and CJ could come, of course!

We probably won't be setting up this year. We've been invited to set up at the ICS Championship Chili Cook-Off in Charleston, WV the same weekend.

We probably won't be setting up this year. We've been invited to set up at the ICS Championship Chili Cook-Off in Charleston, WV the same weekend.
I guess JayT's right - I'm just scaring people off! LOL You gotta do what's right for your business, I get that. But I'm sorry I'll have missed you entirely this year - PATB and WoF! :mope:
Some other time, then!

Nah, it'll take more than that to scare me off (evil chuckle). It has more to do with selling sauces to 3,000 people, or sauces AND wings to over 100,000 people. We've been doing the Weekend of Fire since it's first year, so it may be a little different. We're still working on the final details.

Yep. I run a business too, and 100k vs. 3k.... I'd definitely go for the 100k, too. Be sure to give Maggie hugs and kisses for us, anyway!

I will most definetly be in attendance...
I'm less than 2 hours from there and will probably just make a day trip out of it. As for accomodations the Jungle Jims website has some deals with a couple of hotels located near the show. Personally, If I were staying up there I would most likely stay in the Hilton or Marriot downtown on Saturday night and catch the Bengals/ Dolphins game on Sunday afternoon.
I've been holding off ordering some Defcon sauces since I thought I would just pick them up at the show.... Guess that isn't gonna work out for me now.
It would be great to meet ya'll while there.

I'm glad you posted this geeme as I had completely forgot about it. I need to head to JJ soon to pickup some fresh mangos for my hot sauce seems wilmington just doesn't have crazy things like that along with good Caribbean styled sauces...yummy.
(former lakota grad here 77')

I've gotten to a point where JJ's is a must-go whenever I visit my daughter. I bring the cooler in case I decide to get any perishables - what a great place!

No, really.... am I the only one from this site going? Or is it that the PNW pack keeps posting about NEXT YEAR already, and keeps burying this thread???

Dude, you gotta calm down. There will be plently of chileheads in attendance, trust me. We've done the show for the last 5 years, since its inception, but will not be in attendance this year, due to a prior commitment (100k people (plus an additional 100k from the Carroll Shelby Tribute Car Show in the next field over) takes precedence). That being said, there will be plenty to do, as always. Stop by the "Blogger Booth". You won't be alone...Once again, trust me.

LOL - I would like to try to arrange a get-together of THP folks while we're there - a meet and greet. Not a question of being around tons of people, but specifically wanting to meet people from this site takes a tad bit of coordination. It would be a shame to be in that throng and not know who the THP people are. Even if things are too much up in the air to have a definite "let's meet at 'x' point at 'y' time", I can make a graphic that people can print out and attach to their shirts or something, so we at least recognize each other in the crowd - but I still need to know who to send them to. It's one thing when you're manning a booth and everyone is coming to you, and something entirely different when no one knows who you are or where to find you.

Back