food 2014 Superbowl Chili Cook Off, FTW!!! ~ Recipe included :)

RocketMan said:
Thanks everyone as TB said It is gooder'n hell :)

Boss good point, gave her a good ice bath and put her to bed for the night.

Scovie I really don't know who all will be there but if there are any there then it's time they learnt what good chili is ;)

Shane, WORD brother!

Last word is

GO HAWKS!!!
You know the sad part, I went to a chili cook off this past Fall at someones house. There were supposed to be like 10 entries, by the end there was around 30. My chili is exotic and all meat like yours and I could not believe the number of comments saying no beans means not chili! Best of luck, looks great. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
You know the sad part, I went to a chili cook off this past Fall at someones house. There were supposed to be like 10 entries, by the end there was around 30. My chili is exotic and all meat like yours and I could not believe the number of comments saying no beans means not chili! Best of luck, looks great. 

I got chili once with a friend and it was real chili, and he was laughing saying how could they call it chili there weren't beans. I had to tell him that was real chili.

Maybe people get their education at Wendy's (kidney bean stew). Kinda like when you're little you think McD's is a hamburger, and the stuff off your grill is weird adult food, lol.

Plah!

The beans no beans 'thang bores me anymore.

That argument can't be won even though THERE AIN'T NO STINKIN' BEANS IN CHILE!!!!!

Anywhooo....

Let's get back to "goodern' hell".

RM.

You servin' that chile straight up or will there be toppings available like sour cream, diced onions, shredded cheese, and other sheeit?

Or is it more of real comp chile cook off dealio?

TB this is my first year at this church and first cook off with them. There may very well be "Fixins" to go along with it, thoughIi really can't figure what other fixings are needed other than maybe some hot tortillas or cornbread and a big ole glass of ice tea.

:)

That goes great with chili.  I made one with a bhut last year and it was perfect.  Just one bhut chopped up real fine.

salsalady said:

Actually, TB, beans have been in Chile for centuries.  ;)

"Agriculture is practiced in Chile since pre-Hispanic times when indigenous Mapuches, Aymaras and Atacameños raised llama and alpaca livestock and cultivated beans, maize, potato and quinoa."

Oh you evil evil woman!

You and your stinkin' history facts.

The only history that matters is The Bible and Texas History.

And Texas History may even trump The Bible.

Jesus was part Texan dontcha' know.

He even had a Mexican name.

It was Jesus that invented chilli, bbq, chicken fried steak, and taco's after all.

He also invented beer and box wine.

Time to "rewine"?

Jesus did that first at a wedding when they ran out.

True story.

texas blues said:

Oh you evil evil woman!

You and your stinkin' history facts.

The only history that matters is The Bible and Texas History.

And Texas History may even trump The Bible.

Jesus was part Texan dontcha' know.

He even had a Mexican name.

It was Jesus that invented chilli, bbq, chicken fried steak, and taco's after all.

He also invented beer and box wine.

Time to "rewine"?

Jesus did that first at a wedding when they ran out.

True story.

Good to know that rewining is Biblically sanctioned!  Thanks, TB!  XOXO!  :cheers:

:rofl:

:rofl:

:rolleyes:

Lots of people embrace "alternative energies"..........

Ok, now That I can breathe again after that laughing spell, I think that's are at least 2 other like buttons we need here:

1. Liking so much I couldn't like it till I stopped ROFLAMO!

2. Awwwwwww, He!! yeah!!!

We'll those are the 2 that come to my mind :)

AMISH BED WARMING STEW!!!!

FTW Scovie!

Its funny... I just found out my grandma will being cooking chilli for the game!!! Hahaha... her chilli isnt too terribly gourmet... but its pretty good.

2 hours till cook off time. In honor of JayT I'm making one more dump right before we leave :)
The JayT Honorary Dump

41E95E16-6B79-4472-BAF1-76D64F836783_zpsx4n6exer.jpg

Loooookkkkiiiinnn HOT!!

4AA1AAE9-2C12-423F-9FD9-A2CC105342A3_zpsjodnpmcv.jpg

And for those who do desire a bit more heat

DA1ACFA5-59E0-4EF3-A5E3-7A7E878A03D7_zpstbdxo1au.jpg

Heading out now :)

OH, AND GO HAWKS!!!!!

Back