• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 - JoeFish Arkansas Grown

I have wanted a garden for awhile now. So Sept. 2013 I picked out a spot and started working on my spot.  All the rest is history.

My grow list... Since I was skeptical about starting seeds I ordered plants.  Hopefully I will start everything myself next year.

A Picture of my Garden spot.  It is about 21' x 27'
1zv9186.jpg

And my soil test....
http://postimg.org/image/n09oi22fn/

I hear ya.  I make lists, then forget to read them. :rolleyes:

I picked up a 4' 2-bulb T8 shop light at Walmart the other day for about $15, plus a couple of 6500K bulbs for about $7 or $8.  I won't be producing pods under it, but it will serve well as supplemental lighting for the sunny front room to hold the 3.5" square pots until plant out.  That's not the only light there, but thought I'd mention it since it was inexpensive.

Just caught up with your Glog and brother you got some great peoe giving you some great advice! Your going to have a good grow this year I suspect :)

That's a great looking spot you have for the garden. Man we just don't get yards that size here in Florida any more.

I'll be following, have a great week!
Bill

RocketMan said:
Just caught up with your Glog and brother you got some great peoe giving you some great advice! Your going to have a good grow this year I suspect :)
That's a great looking spot you have for the garden. Man we just don't get yards that size here in Florida any more.
I'll be following, have a great week!
Bill
Thanks a lot! I have been a member on a few forums and this one has the friendliest members by far! I like forums so much because of all the great advice you can get. Good bunch of guys here on THP.

Update pictures coming soon... as soon as I get some time.  Transplanted all the ones im going to plant out into solo cups and they are doing very good.

I had the same issue with the Limos yellowing i think it may just be the variety? I even had a thread started on it. I thought it might be iron deficiency. I wouldnt worry too much bout it
Everything looking really good buddy

beerbreath81 said:
I had the same issue with the Limos yellowing i think it may just be the variety? I even had a thread started on it. I thought it might be iron deficiency. I wouldnt worry too much bout itEverything looking really good buddy

Yeah kind of had me nervous but everything looks fine otherwise so I'm rolling with it. Those red pear tomatoes are getting huge! I think I started them a little early lol.

Penny said:
Great job....looks nice and healthy..:)
Thanks Penny! I need to check y'all's GLOGs but I have some kind of busy...

My guess would be sunburn.  Your day/weather seemed to be a good choice but before going into direct sunlight you need to harden them off.  Should have placed them in a shaded area next to the house, or an area of indirect sunlight. Then increase exposure to sun over time/few days....you just want to give them a sample of what is to come.  The sunburned leaves arent going to do anything for the plant, but i see some are worse than others.  If it were me i'd leave the leaves alone, the next few days you will know if they should be trimmed.

How long did you leave outside?

beerbreath81 said:
My guess would be sunburn.  Your day/weather seemed to be a good choice but before going into direct sunlight you need to harden them off.  Should have placed them in a shaded area next to the house, or an area of indirect sunlight. Then increase exposure to sun over time/few days....you just want to give them a sample of what is to come.  The sunburned leaves arent going to do anything for the plant, but i see some are worse than others.  If it were me i'd leave the leaves alone, the next few days you will know if they should be trimmed.

How long did you leave outside?
Left them out side about 3 hours. I knew about hardening off but I didn't even think about it. Hopefully they will bounce back.

Back