• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 - JoeFish Arkansas Grown

I have wanted a garden for awhile now. So Sept. 2013 I picked out a spot and started working on my spot.  All the rest is history.

My grow list... Since I was skeptical about starting seeds I ordered plants.  Hopefully I will start everything myself next year.

A Picture of my Garden spot.  It is about 21' x 27'
1zv9186.jpg

And my soil test....
http://postimg.org/image/n09oi22fn/

Looks like a winning plan and location Joe!  You must be right in Sawyer's area.  I'm originally from Joplin.  Probably isn't very many who haven't started with Ccn or got stuff from them along the way.

Best of luck with your season!

Mike

My bad, Sawyer is on the other side of AR.  As is Joplin.  I spent some time in the Jonesboro and Walnut Ridge area too.

JoeFish said:
Chileplants.com

Yeah, chileplants.com = Cross Country Nurseries (CCN).

They're great, I ordered from them a couple of years ago, had some real winners in the bunch...

I love Bhuts and grow a bunch of different kinds.  I'll be curious to see how those particular bhuts turn out for you.

JoeFish said:
Since I was skeptical about starting seeds I ordered plants.  Hopefully I will start everything myself next year.

May I suggest that since you are "skeptical" of starting seeds and have already bought some plants.  Lets use this year to get your feet wet.  Get a few seeds going NOW! If they come up great, you can use them or give them to a friend if you dont have room in your garden. If they do not come up you can post pictures, ask questions, and learn, so next year you will be in a good position and have the confidence to start your own plants from seeds.  Your wallet will thank you.

PS.  If you need any seeds PM me...list is in my glog.

beerbreath81 said:
May I suggest that since you are "skeptical" of starting seeds and have already bought some plants.  Lets use this year to get your feet wet.  Get a few seeds going NOW! If they come up great, you can use them or give them to a friend if you dont have room in your garden. If they do not come up you can post pictures, ask questions, and learn, so next year you will be in a good position and have the confidence to start your own plants from seeds.  Your wallet will thank you.

PS.  If you need any seeds PM me...list is in my glog.
Thanks for the advice!  What a generous offer on the seeds.  I will pm you.

capsidadburn said:
Looks like a winning plan and location Joe!  You must be right in Sawyer's area.  I'm originally from Joplin.  Probably isn't very many who haven't started with Ccn or got stuff from them along the way.

Best of luck with your season!

Mike

My bad, Sawyer is on the other side of AR.  As is Joplin.  I spent some time in the Jonesboro and Walnut Ridge area too.
I'm from Rolla Missouri.

Yeah, I'm in Northwest Arkansas, just outside Fayetteville.  About 250 miles from Jonesboro, right through the Ozarks across the top of the state.  There's another Arkansawyer on here, capehog, who is from the Jonesboro area.  He has a sports umbrella business and was using extra umbrellas to shade his plants last year.  There's ArkansasJack, too, but I'm not sure what part of the state he's in.

Sawyer said:
Yeah, I'm in Northwest Arkansas, just outside Fayetteville.  About 250 miles from Jonesboro, right through the Ozarks across the top of the state.  There's another Arkansawyer on here, capehog, who is from the Jonesboro area.  He has a sports umbrella business and was using extra umbrellas to shade his plants last year.  There's ArkansasJack, too, but I'm not sure what part of the state he's in.
Nice to hear!

Sawyer said:

I went to school in Faytown! Sure do miss the Ozarks...

Back