• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2022 - too early to get started...

My real start of the season is still months away but I couldn't resist to put something in the soil already - Tasmanian Black! :dance:

P1020814.jpg

Off to a great SB season, @MarcV! You can't go
wrong with @Trident chilli seeds, John is very
generous with them. Probably has done as much
to promote Scotch Bonnet growing as anyone!

You are going to have a great grow even if no more
come up, which I'm sure is not the case. Are you
going to grow multiples of each kind, or one of each?

Nice table. Good records are important. You know,
you can put it in post #1 and then you can edit it forever.

I can only hope that they will grow as well as they did in the 2021 season. Unfortunately I can only keep one plant of each variety. As usual I am generously over my growing limit with what's germinating right now, otherwise I would definitely keep more seedlings (or grow more varieties 🙂). It's not only the seedlings that I have to count but I still have the 3 overwintering scotch bonnets and the tasmanian black is also still around! 😁

Nice table. Good records are important. You know,
you can put it in post #1 and then you can edit it forever.
I think I may need the "extreme" status to be able to do that 🤔

I can only hope that they will grow as well as they did in the 2021 season. Unfortunately I can only keep one plant of each variety. As usual I am generously over my growing limit with what's germinating right now, otherwise I would definitely keep more seedlings (or grow more varieties 🙂). It's not only the seedlings that I have to count but I still have the 3 overwintering scotch bonnets and the tasmanian black is also still around! 😁
You are a victim of your own success, @MarcV!
Got friends? for sharing plants?

Meanwhile, the Tasmanian Black is growing slowly but steadily...

P1000046.JPG

I have the impression that one of my overwintering Scotch Bonnets, the Schneider Farms, isn't doing all that well. Its leaves aren't looking as healthy as the leaves from the other two. In fact it never did look as good as the others since I took it inside. And now it looks like the leaves show signs of drying out and they feel dry. The plant is also pushing out a massive amount of flowers which might be a survival reaction. I'm not sure what to think of it...

Three plants standing close together, top left Papa Dreadie, top right Freeport Orange, bottom Schneider Farms.
P1000043.JPG

Leaves and flowers on the Schneider Farms SB...
P1000045.JPG

Tap water, I still don't have a rain water reservoir...
But I think I may have watered it too little... it's not so easy to determine the water level in the bonzai scales they are currently growing in. Normally I lift the container to "feel" the amount of water that is still present but those ceramic scales are already heavy by themselves so that method doen't work here...

Status of today...
I already reduced the number of seedlings, keeping only the ones that look the most healthy. I also reduced a couple of varieties to zero (SB Chocolate and SB MOA Red). But that doesn't give me a bad feeling as I already have enough varieties to fill the next season 🙂. I still have some other SB Chocolate seeds in the propagator that I recently planted so there's still a chance 🙂.
I also still expect a couple of hooks of the SB Stuffing and SB Bahamian, I did notice something is "going on" in their respective pots which are still in the propagator.

20220122 091627 DC-LX100M2 26.00mm f5.60 ISO1600 P1000048.jpg

20220122 091751 DC-LX100M2 27.50mm f5.60 ISO1600 P1000050.jpg

Status of today...
I already reduced the number of seedlings, keeping only the ones that look the most healthy. I also reduced a couple of varieties to zero (SB Chocolate and SB MOA Red). But that doesn't give me a bad feeling as I already have enough varieties to fill the next season 🙂. I still have some other SB Chocolate seeds in the propagator that I recently planted so there's still a chance 🙂.
I also still expect a couple of hooks of the SB Stuffing and SB Bahamian, I did notice something is "going on" in their respective pots which are still in the propagator.

20220122 091627 DC-LX100M2 26.00mm f5.60 ISO1600 P1000048.jpg

20220122 091751 DC-LX100M2 27.50mm f5.60 ISO1600 P1000050.jpg

That's a whole lot of Scotch and Bonnets.

Back