• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

Put a few of the seedlings in small solo cups this weekend. Woke up this morning to find 2 more bubblgums up and 3 moruga scorpions. I had to order another t5 set up so I hope these walmart t8s hold them over till the t5s get here.

My scotch bonnets are showing signs of what appears to be BLS I hope thats not what it is but ive got a bad feeling. I dont want to but I might have to abort my first borns.

Oh no! Sending good vibes your way its something else...

From that one photo I'm having my doubts. Lesions are very small.. and dont look greasy/water soaked. If you backlight the leaf, can you see through them?

I've removed every leaf that had these symptoms if I notice any more I will try the backlighting. Is being able to see through them a good or bad thing?
Ive also transplanted the rest of the seedlings and I put the fatalii outside as kind of a test. My patio is starting to get more sunlight in the afternoon so we will see how that does before I stick the sb's outside. Im gonna need both the lights for these seedlings pretty soon I have about 35 to 40.

thirdcoasttx said:
I've removed every leaf that had these symptoms if I notice any more I will try the backlighting. Is being able to see through them a good or bad thing?
Ive also transplanted the rest of the seedlings and I put the fatalii outside as kind of a test. My patio is starting to get more sunlight in the afternoon so we will see how that does before I stick the sb's outside. Im gonna need both the lights for these seedlings pretty soon I have about 35 to 40.

Being able to see through would be a bad thing... think of a hamburger wrapper that has grease stains and becomes partially translucent. That is sometimes what the outer edges of bacterial lesions can look like. "Greasy, water soaked margins"

Hell yeah about the hydro store!!! ...although it could be a little rough on the 'ol pocketbook ;)

Glad to see some real sun is working magic on the plants. Go figure, eh?

Thats right folks after seeing the awesomeness of some of the dwc grows here at thp and finding a hydro store locally I've taken the first steps. Couldnt pass it up almost everything you need to get started for 53 bucks. The bucket and net pot, like 2 lbs of clay pellets, air pump, hose and stone. So as the seedlings progress over the next couple weeks I'll stock up on nutes and ph testers and whatnot. Then comes the hard part, which variety will be my first dwc test subject?

The beefsteak tomatoes are dominating all my other seedlings sadly I dont have room to grow such a large tomato the old man will be taking these.

The seedlings that sprouted with 3 cotys were a 7 pot primo and a bbg7 and to my surprise they do not look very healthy.

Great glog, and look forward to seeing more!
thirdcoasttx said:
I forgot to mention I have been looking into the whole bonsai/bonchi thing, I think im gonna give that a shot at the end of the season.
I have a Mucho Nacho Jalapeno plant that has been chopped back and is growing in a Bonsai pot.  I saw the fatalli.net stuff and thought I needed to give it a try, and so far we have new leaves growing and looking forward to branches to train.  If my Bonchi grows well, I will show some pics.  If it dies a horrible death, we will pretend like it never happened!

thirdcoasttx said:
Put a few of the seedlings in small solo cups this weekend. Woke up this morning to find 2 more bubblgums up and 3 moruga scorpions. I had to order another t5 set up so I hope these walmart t8s hold them over till the t5s get here.
Good on ya for the bubblegums.  I have some scorps trying to sprout currently, but haven't had any bb7's to try.  Looks like an interesting pepper to grow.

thirdcoasttx said:
After a few days outside getting about 6 hrs of afternoon sun most of the fatalii twisted and gnarled leaves have flattened out.

So the 2 scotch bonnets are joining it outside and now I have plenty of room for the seedlings under the t5s.
My fatalii looks nothing like that first picture you have.  That looks a lot more like the habanero plants I have grown; the fatalii I have doesn't have anywhere near that big of leaves.  Are the pictures all of scotch bonnets?

Those three pics are the "fatalii" I got the seeds from pepperjoe. I havnt got any pods off it so I dont really know what it is. Those three plants are looking a little rough now we had an unexpected front that dropped temps into the low 40s and it rained all day. Ivplay reading through your glog inspired me to do the bhuts I wasnt going to grow them this year but after seeing those wonderfully gnarly pods you have I reconsidered. Im thinking the bhuts are gonna go into the dwc next weekend. If I had extra bbg7 seeds I'd send em your way but unfortunately I do not. Thanks for stopping by!:)

Plants put out those huge leaves under artificial light. Now that they're outside they'll eventually drop and put out more normal sized leaves. You'll know if they're true soon enough! Won't be long and they'll be covered in pods! Corpus is a pepper paradise...

Back