• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

Looking really good from my house!

How do your plant do with the heat that's on the way?

We'll find out here pretty soon. Had a couple days last week that hit 100 right after I watered and I may have over watered, the first day at 100 plants showed signs of wet wilt but the next day they seemed fine. We just had a late season front that put temps at a low of 55 and high of 77. I hope it doesn't get too hot for them!!

Last year was my first time growing Habs and anything hotter. The Habs did good all summer, the heat never bothered them. The supers waited until September to set pods. That's why I got an early start this year.

Yeah, that cool weather felt good. Was 55° this morning, now it's 91°.

Thanks meathead I'm thinking I might eat this one whole just because I've never had a fatalii and I would like to get the full affect/effect. (Not quite sure which one to use in that sentence).

thirdcoasttx said:
Thanks meathead I'm thinking I might eat this one whole just because I've never had a fatalii and I would like to get the full affect/effect. (Not quite sure which one to use in that sentence).
Sounds like a winner. Fatalii's are delicious peppers, and pack quite a bit of heat too. I find them to be quite a bit hotter than habs, but not quite as hot as bhuts. 

Came home to find this pod fully ripe so I couldn't help myself. I did cut it open and take a few seeds from one side but after that shoved it in my mouth. Damn it was good almost sweet and citrusy, very intense tongue burn more sides and back of the tongue. The burn was pretty short lived though. I've got about 35 hangin on the plant and can't wait to makr some hot sauce with em.

I love a good thunderstorm but tonight mother nature is screwing with my plants. Got home late from work after it has been raining all day with gusty ass bullshit east wind to find my tomato, bhut and 7 pot primo laid over, not broken just laying down. Being in a town home I have no garage so downstairs bathroom it is. Marilyn is watchin over the babies.

Cool.
Done hydro before, just got 4 "root spa's", very similar to the one's you are using.

BBG7, Aji Pineapple, Fatali Jigsaw, and SB7J are in 4" pots and ready to go in----when I can plant out the other 36 in dirt and free up the space.

All are living on Advanced Nutrients "PH Perfect" and a shot of Cal-Mag+ (mixed for hydro) every other watering now that all are root bound.

Sweet root mass in that particular system.

Another little mini update. That previous fatalii pod is ripe and a couple more are changing, tons of pods hangin on the scotch bonnets but no color change yet. I also found 3 baby nbd tomatoes this afternoon. I can't wait to stuff these in my face!!!

Can't wait to see an update on it, are the pods bigger than the first few? Also, does nbd = New Big Dwarf?

Yes nbd is new big dwarf I think I read they are supposed to do well in warmer climates thats why I chose them. I just wish I would've kept more than one! A few of the scotch bonnet pods seem bigger than the first few I had. Both of those plants are fairly small though so we will see what happens. The fatalii is in the same size pot but its quite taller and these first pods seem to be normal size. I'll try and get some pics of the scotch bonnets tomorrow. Thanks for checkin out my glog!

That bhut is looking great!  Thanks for the updates...
thanks ivplay I cant wait to get some pods on it. My hydro bhut has a ton of flowers but hasn't set any yet, my container bhut is starting to flower so hopefully I have some soon!

Back