• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

5th Annual Secret Satan gift exchange.

Great box of heat from Sushi Mike.
Many Thanks!
PXL_20230101_231949361.jpg
What are the dry ones (bottom right)?

:mope:

:dance: :woohoo:

Thank you, noway2 Matt!

This is crazy! Matt sent all the ingredients to make kuku paka. Never heard of this but the recipe looks killer.

All the ingredients including FRESH lemon, onion, garlic, and Tomatoes!!! Which arrived in perfect condition, not as tomato paste courtesy of the delivery service. And about 3 cups of fresh birdseye chiles. Minus the fresh chicken....:lol:...

Pics this weekend of the cook.

Thanks, Noway2!!!

Attachments

• 20230104_200646.jpg
    20230104_200646.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20230104_200547.jpg
    20230104_200547.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 94
@Shorerider we have a problem.

I'm gonna need more mustard!
:rofl:I'm glad you liked it, I'm sure we can arrange something.

:dance: :woohoo:

Thank you, noway2 Matt!

This is crazy! Matt sent all the ingredients to make kuku paka. Never heard of this but the recipe looks killer.

All the ingredients including FRESH lemon, onion, garlic, and Tomatoes!!! Which arrived in perfect condition, not as tomato paste courtesy of the delivery service. And about 3 cups of fresh birdseye chiles. Minus the fresh chicken....:lol:...

Pics this weekend of the cook.

Thanks, Noway2!!!
Boom! :clap:

What a great idea, definitely a first for an SS package. I can't wait to see what SL cooksup on the weekend.

Amy Sedaris Cooking GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

For everyone else here‘s the recipe: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/kuku-paka

The name is Swahili and it’s kind of an East African and Indian fusion. A friend sent me the recipe and I decide to try it. I was able to get the peppers and Kashmiri chili powder from Amazon. The peppers were surprisingly fresh. I was frustrated because the chili powder took so long to ship (Amazon fulfillment ). The recipe is pretty easy, but has a lot of steps. One of the steps calls for heating the dry spices in oil, which is a technique that alters the flavor. Just clean up as you go and it doesn’t even make much of a mess. Do taste a piece of the peppers because the heat is random from mild to blazing and color is not an indicator.

@salsalady i hope you enjoy.

Thank You, noway2!
I made the recipe this afternoon and it was very good! Lemony and creamy with the chicken marinated.

I hate typing on my phone which is where the pics are, so I'll just type and then post.

The recipe sent by nw2 was very easy to follow. I did the marinade x 3 and set aside half for the freezer. Same with the rest of the sauce. 1/2 for the freezer.

Garlic, lemon, salt, chili blend- marinated on the chicken. Most BLSL chicken thighs and a couple BLSL breasts.

Blendered ingredients, toasted in oil and blendered, mixed all together.

Broiled the chicken pieces'

Cooked the sauce.

--couple edits--
when the sauce with coconut milk was simmering it seemed thin, so I added some xanthan gum to thicken it up a bit....

Cooked the rice first, set aside....
Simmered the chicken in the sauce for 30+ minutes, maybe cuz I was watching a TV show and didn't want to get up ? ( may or may not be true...:lol: )

Very positive comments from Hubby and myself. THanks for sharing the recipe and ingredients!

Well, my SS package arrived yesterday, and I can honestly say that I am speechless. :shocked:

This is the first care type package I have received that was marked "heavy", and for good reason too!
20230117_182713.jpg

If any of you hadn't figured it out at this point, my SS was Sobelri, he sent me a metric sh!t-ton of spicy goodness.
20230117_183617.jpg

H‑E‑B Mi Tienda Habanero Japanese Style Peanuts, La Molienda Japanese style hot Peanuts, Hobi Jalapeno flavoured crackers, H‑E‑B Chicharrones Habanero Pork Rinds, and H-E-B Mi Tienda Enchilado Snack Mix.
20230118_183500.jpg

Fiesta Sazon spice, Mama Teav's hot garlic, Mexico Lindo Picante Black Hot Sauce, Central Market H-E-B Chile Pequin Salsa, Whataburger spicy Ketchup, Valentina Extra Hot Sauce Black Label, H-E-B That Green Sauce, and Ragi Cajun Original Seasoning.
20230118_183657.jpg

Wait........I'm still not done. Lastly, I did unfortunately suffer a casualty, an 8th wonder brewery beer glass did sustain some damage.
20230118_183759.jpg

Sobelri, I can't thank you enough for your generosity, I am sure to thoroughly enjoy each and every item you so thoughtfully sent :metal:. I hope you are one day able to financially recover from the shipping cost....:rofl:

:cheers:
SR.

Back