free 7 Pot Savannah - In memory of Dustin (Nagacanario)

Hi everyone, as some of you may know we lost a fellow pepper grower in March: Dustin Jain a.k.a. Ed Kohler went under the nickname Nagacanario here and on Youtube.
He got his nickname from two of the things he loved the most: growing peppers and Presa Canario breed dogs.
Some of us talked about keeping his memory alive back this year by letting people know about his creations and grow them, but it never happened.
Dustin was from Savannah, GA and almost 10 years ago started selecting pods from an accidental cross he had, probably a 7 Pot Yellow and an unknown pepper, which he called 7 Pot Savannah or Savannah 7 Hybrid.
Here some reviews of the pepper by Dustin, Nigel Carter and Bill Moore

Though some vendors had it for sale years ago now it's really hard to find, but I think there may be people here which had seeds directly from Dustin or some of his friends: the purpose of this thread is to put the 7 Pot Savannah back on the map, finding true seeds, growing them and pass new seeds to whoever wants to grow them, honouring somehow Dustin's legacy and his passion for hot peppers.

By no way I mean to make a business out of this, so there will be no selling and money requests (I know we're in the buy/sell/trade section, but this is a different thing).

If anyone has seeds for this pepper and want to jump on this train let's roll, I hope we can start a Community Glog for 2022 season already!

Please no scam or fakes, it would not make sense to take advantage of this situation.

Thank you for helping! :)

Roberto

Last edited:
I didn't know the guy but I would gladly help in keeping his work alive. If you find seeds let me know, I can pay or trade for some.

Another possible source could be Steven (standbyandfire) who was a close friend of Dustin. I tried to contact him via Facebook/Messenger but failed, if anyone of you is in contact with him maybe is possible to inform him about this project 🤞

Another possible source could be Steven (standbyandfire) who was a close friend of Dustin. I tried to contact him via Facebook/Messenger but failed, if anyone of you is in contact with him maybe is possible to inform him about this project 🤞
Hey mate, I just made a quick search in reddit and found a guy (theghostpepperstore) that did grow the 7 Pot Savannah in the past. I don't know if he still have seeds and if he's been active on that platform lately but I sent him a PM; will report back if I ever get an answer.

I sent him a DM on here and on his Youtube channel, but I doubt I will get a response. He hasn't been on here since 2018, and his last Youtube video was 3 years ago . . .

I sent him a DM on here and on his Youtube channel, but I doubt I will get a response. He hasn't been on here since 2018, and his last Youtube video was 3 years ago . . .
Just checked his Instagram and the last time he posted under this name was in August 2017...

@Guitarman Good news: Brian from The Ghost Pepper Store just reached out and he thinks he still have some seeds somewhere but they might be like 6-7 years old. He will have a look later on and if can find them he will let me know. Fingers crossed🤞

Not only did Brian Holmes (ghostpepperstore.com) find 7 Pot Savannah seeds, he's willing to share them to keep Nagacanario's work alive👊

Here's a resume of the chat we had earlier today: “I found about 60 seeds, but they are from 2016. I would be happy to distribute as many as possible but it's going to be limited… keeping a few for myself to grow out so I can refresh the seed stock, it is long overdue. If you want to tell folks they can send me an email at support@ghostpepperstore.com and include a shipping address and I will get seeds out on Monday, I will cover the shipping costs”. The only thing Brian asks in return is for someone to send him some seeds back at the end of the season in case none of his seeds germinate.

@Guitarman @midwestchilehead @wrinklenuts @Downriver : Since you are the first to have expressed your interest in participating in this grow out, I think you should contact Brian rapidly. I already gave him your names but I don't know if he's gonna wait long for you to reach out or if he's gonna go with the "first come first served" approach.

Sorry Roberto, I never intended to hijack your thread nor to steal your idea. I just did a quick reddit and Google search, found this source, took a chance and it worked...

@cmpman1974 I assumed that you might still have seeds hidden somewhere in your vault. If it is not the case, those who will succeed in growing it could surely put some seeds aside for you and for the others.

Guess what showed up today!

IMG_20220310_120152811~2.jpg

They're already in the dirt. Thanks again for facilitating this @Bou. Now let's see if I can get them to GROW!

Guess what showed up today!

IMG_20220310_120152811~2.jpg

They're already in the dirt. Thanks again for facilitating this @Bou. Now let's see if I can get them to GROW!
Damn, that was fast!! Mine are still in transit, somewhere!! Good luck and keep us updated🤘

Last edited:
Back