• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

A burgandy moruga?

Next to a red scorp for comparison

dad170.jpg

dad151.jpg

dad153.jpg

The plant is not a great producer, only 3 pods developed so far on a 3 foot tall plant. Plenty of flowers on it, an overwinter cantidate for sure. Another pod is turning the same color, its likely the seeds of these are crossed with something else in my garden, but if all the pods ripen like this I should get some pure seeds hand polonating once I isolate it.

Thanks for looking,

Chad

The texture makes me think it looks like it could have some Douglah in it. Were these grown from your seed from last year or seed that was sent to you. Nice looking pod. Can't wait to see your video review of this one.

Oh and when you slice one of those bad boys open, snap a picture of it for us.

The texture makes me think it looks like it could have some Douglah in it. Were these grown from your seed from last year or seed that was sent to you. Nice looking pod. Can't wait to see your video review of this one.

Oh and when you slice one of those bad boys open, snap a picture of it for us.

Yeah, the colour too, is douglah-ish

Looks firece!

almost like a chocolate moruga could have been created. If you get isolated seed I would be interested in a trade of some sort.
Nice pics

Thanks All,

Seeds were sent to me so I have no idea what may have been growing around them, but now that you mention it Mr. Beagle they do have a gnarly look that the other 6 red plants dont. I will post pics of the other 2 pods tomorrow when I have good light, one has a nice tail on it. I killed the first one already so no autopsy pics of that one, I will post up pics of the next one though. Its a hot bugger for sure, two me its about on par with my douglahs, but dosnt approach the Butch T.

Did you have to challange me Mr. Beagle? I will do a half of the next one but all should be aware this pod will probably destroy me, I may not be the best gauge

Thanks,

Chad

Thanks All,

Seeds were sent to me so I have no idea what may have been growing around them, but now that you mention it Mr. Beagle they do have a gnarly look that the other 6 red plants dont. I will post pics of the other 2 pods tomorrow when I have good light, one has a nice tail on it. I killed the first one already so no autopsy pics of that one, I will post up pics of the next one though. Its a hot bugger for sure, two me its about on par with my douglahs, but dosnt approach the Butch T.

Did you have to challange me Mr. Beagle? I will do a half of the next one but all should be aware this pod will probably destroy me, I may not be the best gauge

Thanks,

Chad
Half is plenty. That is all I would eat. For me it is all about the search for the best tasting peppers. The heat is secondary as there are already plenty of peppers that are stupid hot. If the pepper tastes good eat more than half... if you think it tastes like crap or it's too hot then only eat one bite. The fun part is the quest to find the perfect chile for yourself. If your not having fun then why do it in the first place. I'm just glad your willing to take the time to share your thoughts on that nice looking beast. Good luck.

A red/brown TSMB F1! Definitely grow that sucker out, might be a Morouga x Douglah or something similar. Probably get some F2s that are absolute rippers too. Sounds like a fun little project.

Back