• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A global warning

Was it like An Inconvenient Truth or did they take the opposite view (some say the view from the right wing)? I ask as I don't believe this is playing up here in Canada on those dates.

ha despite the title, i honestly thought this was gonna be about some big festival of hot foods from around the world or something. :lol:

i didn't catch the show, don't watch much tv really, but i'll keep an eye out. not sure if i'll be near a tv on saturday at 5..depending on what time zone that was for.

I haven't seen "an inconvenient truth" some people think global warming is a partisan issue(??????) so quoting that doesn't cut it with some people.

The show focused on how the slight warming caused by co2 and methane and other greenhouse gases is melting a lot of perma-frost and ice which uncovers earth, rock, or water which is much darker than the ice, and therefore absorbs more heat from the sun, in turn melting more ice etc.

Basically it sounds like a downward spiral that may be self prepetuating. Kind of Scary.

It also focused on climate changes in history, they have seldom stopped at a few degrees. They usually skyrocket one way or the other rendering vast numbers of species extinct.

Back