• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A LONG TIME AGO.IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY

anyone see ep 3?? any star wars fans out there??
someone needs to make a hot sauce called the force with a pic of vader on the cover. (that or the dark side of the force)

Boy am I dumb... And we were talking about doing some private labelling... That would be a good one... Of course, then there are copyright issues...

I'll get back to you.

T.

the darth vader hot sauce would sell itself...all vader needs to do is use that mind trick of his to make everyone like zombies to the store and buy the sauce.
"you will buy my sauce"
"i will by his sauce"

Caution... possible movie spoiler...

Oh, well, duh!

I loved it, but then I'm a Star Wars fan from way back... ok, let me rephrase that... From a long time ago in a city far far away... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back.

God, I love Yoda!

The best two lines in the movie...

Ani says "If you're not with me, you're the enemy"; I whispered to Greg; "George Bush is the Sith?"

and...

Obi hands baby Luke to Auntie and I whisper to Greg: "Storks don't bring babies, Jedi do."

I really love when things come full circle.

I don't know if this is a good movie for a non-Star Wars fan to watch, I really couldn't tell, but I loved watching the blanks fill in as they filled... Not like I didn't know about them beforehand, of course, but it was cool to watch them play.

Rather stunned at how full the theatre was; First Tuesday night after opening, there were more seated for the film than at the opening of Hitchhiker's Guide... And no, nobody was carrying light sabres or dressed period.

I really loved the opening sequence especially when Ani realizes that shooting the buzz droids off Obi's fighter is a bad idea!

Lots of good giggles.

I think I enjoyed this one, almost as much as the first.

T.

There is an independant film called "Clerks" that has a funny Star Wars related scene. Two friends get into a serious discussion about the destruction of the Death Star. One argues that the civilian contractors, who where working on the newly-completed space station when it was destroyed, are innocent victims of the Rebel Alliance. Hilarious stuff! :lol:

10-4. She and mom saw it the other day whilst I did a little motorbiking :lol: . She really liked it. She said it about made her cry at one point.

i tell ya brit is such a sweethart...i can see where she could have cried a cpl of times in the movie.....mine was when i had to fork over the cash for the tickets. :lol:

I have yet to see it in the theater, so I know it's not fair for me to have an opinion. I will be seeing it in the theater soon, and am sure I will enjoy it much more.

But I was a little disappointed. There were scenes that should have been built up & better developed. And then scenes that weren't needed. It seemed like a jumbled mess.

For instance, General Grievous: A new and awesome main character. Dies in two scenes. And what changed?

War with the Wookies: completely not needed. What was the point?

When the each Jedi was individually betrayed at the battles they were at... Too short, too repetitive, to anti-climatic. Yoda's was better...but still too short, etc.

None of the battle scenes seemed as suspenseful or as pivotal as the Hoth Battle scene in Empire Strikes back. Even in Episode I, I felt much more immersed in the Gugan world than anything shown in Episode 3.

And any director that makes Samuel L. Jackson look like a wimp, should be embarressed.

Wait a minute... Terrabyte, if you haven't seen it in the theatre... how do you know about all that stuff???

and I agree about Samuel L.

T

i was kinda thinking the same thing about general grevious. remember at the end of ep 2 there was this short kinda weird looking alien talked in grunts and bloops...he held up the program image of the death star...the next ep...ep 3 would have flowed better if that character was general grevious...what do you think??

i think jabba just got fatter as time went on...first cpl of movies he was mobile......now hes just to fat to get around.
hmmmmmmmmm alot like me :D

i still say it would be cool if a theater had a 3 or 4 day marathon of the whole saga....mabey have food delivered or a cook out incorporated...see ep 1...eat see 2 go home
next day see 3 eat....watch 4(new hope)
go home
last day
well you get the idea.
ive got the dvds and all but to watch it on the big screen with the surround sound and the sticky floors........ahhhh good times..........gooooooooood times

I don't know if they're doing it there, but here you can rent movie theatres for corporate events, things like that... if you could get enough fans to cop for their percentage of the bill, maybe you could rent the theatre and really do something like that?

That would be cool... Serve chili dogs, nachos and beer... Hmmm, now ya really got me thinking.

T.

i hate to sound like a un star wars fan but i probably couldnt handle all 6 in a row in one day...especialy if there was beer involved...would get too sleepy...specialy durring the ep 2 lovey dovey parts.

Back