• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

a look at my plants

I just wanted to post some pics of my plants and get your opinions, its my first time growing hot peppers so all thoughts and recommendations are welcome. I transplanted these outside on the 25th of april so they've been out for awhile now. Im right outside of baltimore(zone 7) and its now starting to get hot here, we just got through 3 days in the mid to upper 90s and now its back around average(mid 80s).

they've been flowering for a week or two now but all the flowers are dropping off, is that normal? Besides the flowers dropping I think they are looking great, they're nice and bushy and they have a good color to them. This being my first year though Im a little anxious and ignorant, so how do they look to you guys? Is there anything I should be doing to help them make fruit and stop droping flowers?

heres my yellow trinidad
IMG_8241.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

red trinidad scorpion
IMG_6706.jpg

and my bhut
IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

a bunch of flowers, 10 - 20 on both the bhut and the yellow trinidad and about half that on the red scorpion, but no pods the flowers keep falling off

oohh really ?
how hot is it where you aree ?
this spring hasnt been hot, its been anywhere from mid 60s to low 80s. This week it got hot though upper 90s mon, tues, and wed, but its back to the low to mid 80s now. the flowers were dropping before the heat though

this spring hasnt been hot, its been anywhere from mid 60s to low 80s. This week it got hot though upper 90s mon, tues, and wed, but its back to the low to mid 80s now. the flowers were dropping before the heat though

thats weird. is it just a few of them or all ?

none of the flowers have turned into pods, they just fall off after a few days. At first I thought it was because they were to small to produce but theyve gotten bigger and I had 2 fall off today.

none of the flowers have turned into pods, they just fall off after a few days. At first I thought it was because they were to small to produce but theyve gotten bigger and I had 2 fall off today.

whatt ? make a serpate thread about it, im sure someone will have a solution !

they've been flowering for a week or two now but all the flowers are dropping off, is that normal? Besides the flowers dropping I think they are looking great, they're nice and bushy and they have a good color to them. This being my first year though Im a little anxious and ignorant, so how do they look to you guys? Is there anything I should be doing to help them make fruit and stop droping flowers?

They look great so don't worry because you're doing a good job.

Flowers drop. Its normal, especially with C. Chinenses.
Just don't give them any ferts because if you do it wrong then you'll really have flower drop issues.
They will eventually start to produce.

Patience is a virtue in growing chillis

Bleash

Back