• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

A New Record SHU?

I found this on the home page of The Chilli Pepper Company aka The Chillli Seed Company's web site. This is a direct quote:

"The Naga Morich 'snake or serpent chilli' is one of the world's most respected chillies. A sample of fresh pods of the rare Bangladeshi Naga Morich chilli was tested by Warwick University using HPLC and registered a tongue numbing 1,598,227 Scoville Heat Units (SHU). These original Naga Morich pods have not been grown by gardeners at home, these are the genuine Naga Morich. Colour will; vary depending on time of year."

If this is true holy #&*@ Batman!

It was the Figure used on the Original `Dorset Naga` escapade back in 2006/7..The figure went down a fair bit later on as it was tested elsewhere..Think a bit of free advertising going on there..from other sites.:)

Heres the original post pat and all the info :)

http://www.dorsetnaga.com/

rabbit said:
All I know is that Naga's beat me silly everytime I eat them and I love them. Hot enough for me!!:D

Had a nipple at a dorset last night..Id forgotten damn :lol:

Yup! I put two of these from HippySeedCo into some sauce I cooked up - a really nice pepper.

Even tried a bit fresh and WOOOHEEE!

Thanks for the history lesson talas, it is appreciated.

I did break down and pick up a few seeds from them. Anything over a million SHU's is hot enough for me!!

why is it that when superhots are described by non-chileheads in the media, they use the term "tongue-numbing". whenever I've eaten bhuts or nagas they are anything but tongue-numbing, I'd describe it more like the hottest f*cking thing I've ever had in my mouth, and my tongue is on fire, sort of like what it would be like if you caught a meteor in your open mouth...

certainly not a numbing sensation

chilliman64 said:
why is it that when superhots are described by non-chileheads in the media, they use the term "tongue-numbing". whenever I've eaten bhuts or nagas they are anything but tongue-numbing, I'd describe it more like the hottest f*cking thing I've ever had in my mouth, and my tongue is on fire, sort of like what it would be like if you caught a meteor in your open mouth...

certainly not a numbing sensation

I think you got the terminology spot on my friend :lol:

Back