• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

A quick peak in Datil's garden

Hello THP fellows,

i haven't been posting much of lately so i thought it was time to share some quick shots.
This year's grow is really on a small scale due to the chronic lack of time, but i'm back to superhot land where little harvest goes a long time :D

- 2 x Chocolate Moruga (SLP)
- 2 x Trinidad Scorpion Red CARDI (Bhuter)
- 2 x Naga Morich (my seeds)
- 2 x Brain Strain (SLP)

Things have been rolling pretty slow so far but the nice weather is finally come and i hope to have some nice fruits hanging in the summer.

Choco Moruga #1

5TvYI7I.jpg

Choco Moruga #2

SCGhITy.jpg

Scorpion bros

qusTAO2.jpg

An horrible shot of Nagas and Brain Strains circling their roots in small pots, i will transplant this week hopefully:

Ifu1hBK.jpg

Random garden shot:

Jp1I0WS.jpg

That's it for now, i hope everyone a bountyful season!

Cya

Datil - Fabrizio

Alright, Fabrizio, glad to see you growing
this season. Your grow lis is small, but wiry!
You should get a fair amount heat from those
selections!

PaulG said:
Alright, Fabrizio, glad to see you growing
this season. Your grow lis is small, but wiry!
You should get a fair amount heat from those
selections!
Hi Paul!
I've always tried to narrow down my grow list (like everyone on THP LOL) and this year somewhat succeeded :D
Your place is crowded with wonderful varieties as always instead!
Hear from you soon!

F

Hello,

not much to see so far.
Plants have been hitted by aphids pretty hard, that's pretty usual in my place for chinenses. Annums and wilds do not seem so susceptibles.
I tried my best to mitigate the issue (i don't use any chemical, so it's usually neem + insecticidal soap).
Today after yesterday's violent rain shower the situation seems slightly better.

Red Scorpion Cardi (notice the badly crinkled leaf on the right):

k6vkgeW.jpg

Naga Morich #1 (minimal damage on nagas happily):

7lhDTup.jpg

NM #2:

wrrSZww.jpg

Chocolate Moruga trying to rebound:

WMUjZUQ.jpg

The worst are both Brain Strain, had to top them :rolleyes: and put one in my veggie patch in a moment of desperation LOL

BS  #1:

Yttw6HJ.jpg

BS #2:

naGNJi3.jpg

Toms enjoying a sun bath (2 x Ambrosia Gold cherry and 2 x R.A.F. if you're curious)

qGMJWnp.jpg

I hope to come back with more exciting stuff soon ;)

Thanks for watching!

Fabrizio - Datil

Things look good despite the aphids, Fabrizio.
Those plants are yearning for some Summer
weather!

I usually use the Insecticidal Soap followed by
NEEM a few days later, if it looks necessary.
Looks like you are having decent luck with it.

PaulG said:
Things look good despite the aphids, Fabrizio.
Those plants are yearning for some Summer
weather!

I usually use the Insecticidal Soap followed by
NEEM a few days later, if it looks necessary.
Looks like you are having decent luck with it.
Thanks Paul!
I'll keep an eye on those evil suckers :D
A couple days ago i've also sowed some old and hopeless annuum seeds (i know i'm ultra late even for a winter grow LOL), i hope to give you an update on those as well.

Cya

F

Small update.
Still fighting with aphids and ants but some rain showers gave a good boost to the plants.

TS CARDI Reds...

Kxq3P3I.jpg

...with some blossom action

YnQDg32.jpg

Moruga Choco #1

BHyfkzQ.jpg

Naga Morich still beaten by aphids:

j5362hl.jpg

Topped Brain Strain random foliage:

AyrFfYc.jpg

Choco Moruga #2 loving a large pot

r2Glbdj.jpg

Diavolicchio Calabrese (my seeds) very late starts:

3xoPADm.jpg

Guntur Sannam (Bhuter) single heroic sprout (old seeds, planted them all in "set and forget" fashion)

71XaF3d.jpg

That's all for now, see you in a while hopefully with some flowers/pods action :D

Fabrizio - Datil

CaneDog said:
Good stuff, Datil.  The aphids are a pain, though.

Looks like you might have two heroic sprouts of the Guntur Sannam.

Thanks!
Those damn aphids seem to thrive this season but as the plants get bigger they can tolerate some damage better while i keep fighting...
This morning i've found another Guntur sprouting maybe i'll gift it to a friend, the one you spotted was pulled yesterday because it was too close to the first and i'm already out of space in the garden ;)

Cya

Datil

SineNomine said:
Beautiful plants, Fabrizio. What kind of basil do you grow there?
Thanks Vivian!
It's Neapolitan basil, first time i grow it from seed.
It has a slightly different flavor profile from "standard" basil and holds pretty well when cooked so it's perfect for both pesto or pizza :D

F

I grew Bolloso Napoletano a few years ago, but I ran out of seeds. I liked very much! Is it the same variety?

Now I only have Thai basil, quite close to the Bolloso Napoletano flavor, with a slightly mentholated note.

SineNomine said:
I grew Bolloso Napoletano a few years ago, but I ran out of seeds. I liked very much! Is it the same variety?

Now I only have Thai basil, quite close to the Bolloso Napoletano flavor, with a slightly mentholated note.
Yes it's the same. I like Thai basil as well but in my opinion it works better for other kind of dishes like fish

F

Back