• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A sad day for us old school Oakland Raider fans

RIP Ken!  Watched you influence a generation of QBs with your moves, may your family be blessed and your journey be quick.  :cheers:

For this year:

Latavius Murray is a beast.  Hopefully between Cooper and Crabtree they'll stretch the field enough to open lanes for Latty.  

D Carr is the real deal - only going to improve as he ages so long as Del Rio & Co can keep him upright.  Improvements across the oline are needed and hopefully coming.

Defense needs some help.  Picks haven't panned out like they should and Al's kid needs to decide where they're going to move.  Hope they don't split with SD...  

Raiders don't hold a candle to the Bears though!  ;)

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Sad day for all Bay Area sports fans. And all sports fans.

Raiders used to bring home championships - I always respected Al Davis in his prime. Tough sob.

Stabler was the epitome of a Raider - always competitive and he got a ring. RIP Kenny - fun player to watch:
Well said. I feel that way about many players who are not Raiders as well.
I grew up with real football players like Dick Butkus, Mean Joe Green, Jack Tatum, etc.
Real men who played the sport for the love of the game not like these losers now who only love the game when the money is right.
They are a disgrace to the sport in my opinion but to each his own.

I saw every game Stabler played in at the coliseum as we had season tickets growing up in the 60's-70's. He should of been in the HOF before he died which is a joke. There are numerous HOFers from the Steel Curtain who also say he should be there as well. He was one of the best pionerrs of the hurry up offense and he had close to 20 last drive wins and 30+ 4th qtr comebacks. He has better stats than broadway joe and griese who are both in the HOF.  

Back