Advice sought on chillies suitable for thai cooking

Hi

Could anyone point me in the direction of how to find out which chilli varieties are particularly suitable for Thai cooking?
I have googled but to be honest you guys are the best source of info!Thanks (again!)
;)

Birdseye,Kung Pao is fantastic with any Thai stir-fry and Thai (red) seems to be the most popular Thai Chili :)

PIRI PIRI

Species: Frutescens Origin: Portugal Heat: Hot

PIRI-PIRI is a Swahili word meaning ‘pepper-pepper’ referring to any peppers. In Portugal, it has come to mean the small fiery hot pepper, found hanging in garlands in all the markets. No chicken is ever ordered in an Algarve restaurant without the question “Com piri-piri?” (with piri-piri?) being asked. Portuguese traders then carried the seeds to their African colonies of Angola and Mozambique. From there, they spread across Africa, along with their Swahili name ‘piri-piri’. To complete the circle, some of the small hot pods were brought back to Portugal, where they have kept their Swahili name up to the present day.

Birdseye is the one they use most, I eat lost of Thai food. On the menus you see "crushed birdseye chili" and the like.

Back