spirits advise me on tequila

I would like to gift my dear friend, the margarita queen, with a better brand o' tequila that the Jose Cuervo she's been gettin by with (specially as we do all our cooking and drinkin at her house).

I know Texas Blues and the rest ya'll got some opinions. Looked at the well stocked liquor aisle at the grocery up the street, and saw Hornitos which I belive Mr. Blues has recommended, but there are two varieties...oh, I thought I would remembre, shoulda took notes.

Advice please?:)

Margaritas being mixed drinks Jose Cuervo is perfectly acceptable. If you want to try something different try Sauza Tres Generations or something like that. A lot of people like Gold Margaritas which are made with Gold or Anejo tequillas. I actually like the silvers too. Just pick out one that looks good to you and you can't go wrong. If you want a bottle to just drink and not mix try Patron.

She wants a gift idea. You can get either for like $40. What do you want her to give, a $10 bottle as a gift?

Okay 45 and up... but Herradura, 45 Gold, 40 Silver.

I think a good gift is Herradura. Julio is pricey.

Julio Silver is my second favorite tequilla though (and the most readily available great tequilla) to El Tesoro Paradiso. ($145 a 750ml last I saw)

Celeste said:
I would like to gift my dear friend, the margarita queen, with a better brand o' tequila that the Jose Cuervo she's been gettin by with (specially as we do all our cooking and drinkin at her house).

I know Texas Blues and the rest ya'll got some opinions. Looked at the well stocked liquor aisle at the grocery up the street, and saw Hornitos which I belive Mr. Blues has recommended, but there are two varieties...oh, I thought I would remembre, shoulda took notes.

Advice please?:)

The Sauza Hornito's with the green label is what I like. Great bang for the buck at around $27 bucks. Another one I recommend is Cazadores, the one with the deer on the label is another, goes for around $35 bucks. My current number 1 favorite is a little pricey at about $50 bucks...Don Julio Anejo. If it's just for margarita's...go for the Hornito's.

I like Sauza Hornitos too. Green label. Good one for Margs!

I like the Gold Sierra to just smash down and get smashed in the process :D

We don't really have that much of a variety readily available here.

she does like the pricier tequila's neat, I know, but I was thinking of margarita tequila...something special but would fit within my slender budget. I will keep the high end stuff in mind for the future! Thanks, you guys are the best!

Hope I don't get persecuted for this, but...What is wrong with Quervo Gold? I happen to like it and really had no idea that it was sh*t. I'm getting an education with this thread. :lol:

Anybody ever try the Sauza acai. I'm not usually into the flavored stuff but I just picked myself up a bottle for Christmas!

thanks guys- I didnt realize there was a previous tequila thread, good link.

But this new info is helping me out, too!

Dont know much about Tequila or high end booze but i hear Patron is good stuff never had it myself well beyond my price range.

Back