• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aerogarden or prepare power plant?

I want to get an entirely self-contained growing setup to fully develope peppers.

Just wondering which one of these 2would be better.

The prepara is significantly cheaper, so its looking like the winner. And they have a pretty sweet windowseal setup. That maybe be nice inaddition to the full model.

Is this the model you're looking at?

That looks like it might work nicely to clone peppers but I doubt it is really big enough to grow to maturity. My full grown pepper plants completely fill a 5 gallon bucket with roots and would grow more if given room.

listen to Tonly. all the big leaf plants will quickly overtake the unit. i just moved a fatalii and rocoto out of my homemade multi unit as the leaves were covering other smaller plants.

also, i am guessing the light is sold separately - i like the higher end aerogarden with attached, adjustable light.

good luck.

I'd build one. You could do a whole hell of a lot cheaper that way and have a far superior product. But if you still want one, get the big aerogarden, the elite with the bigger lights and taller light stand.

Is this the model you're looking at?

That looks like it might work nicely to clone peppers but I doubt it is really big enough to grow to maturity. My full grown pepper plants completely fill a 5 gallon bucket with roots and would grow more if given room.

Yes that is the model. Its on amazon for $70 including the light and a fresh herb storer.

listen to Tonly. all the big leaf plants will quickly overtake the unit. i just moved a fatalii and rocoto out of my homemade multi unit as the leaves were covering other smaller plants.

also, i am guessing the light is sold separately - i like the higher end aerogarden with attached, adjustable light.

good luck.

I wouldn't expect to get all 6 ports full of adult plants, maybe one or two.I agree I like the elite mode aerogarden as well but it's $200+

I'd build one. You could do a whole hell of a lot cheaper that way and have a far superior product. But if you still want one, get the big aerogarden, the elite with the bigger lights and taller light stand.

I would eventually liketo build my own, but I dont have much of an idea where to start yet. I am a complete noob when it comes to hydro.

I would eventually liketo build my own, but I dont have much of an idea where to start yet. I am a complete noob when it comes to hydro.

I'm thinking about making a video tutorial on making a simple deep water culture set up. I'm definitely no expert on this but have had a little success so far.
There seems to be a little bit of interest and I could always use one more bucket. ;)

Thank you tonly, after watching that I think I am going to try it sometime this summer, maybe I can convince someone in to getting supply's for my birthday. I want to try this and an ebb and flow.

Back