• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Air Crash

Plane went down in Hudson river, no fatalities Airbus 320 plane stayed intact did not sink, over 60 on board. Truly amazing, great pilot and flight crew job...

us-air-hudson-full.jpg

Reminds me of the National Airlines jet that went down in Pensacola Bay on approach in 78....aircrafts name was Elaine....was pilot error...flight 193

NationalAirlinesflight193.jpg

the aircraft is supposed to be able to stay airborne with one fodded engine...it must have gotten both...

AlabamaJack said:
the aircraft is supposed to be able to stay airborne with one fodded engine...it must have gotten both...

Even on takeoff? The plane apparently had just left the ground.

I think so SM...there usually is a requirement for "single engine rate of climb"

Bingo...great job on the pilots part to get it down safely...the glide slope on those things isn't too great

Mate that pilot will have free booze for life!! I would give him a big wet kiss for not letting my die on that aircraft!!

AJ about the Pensacola one do you know what kind of pilot error it was??

Edit:Tex there did you get that great shot?

I wonder if you get free flights for life from the airline or something for that? MAybe some extra packets of free nuts? A second pillow?

What about when you want your bags back? Have to get the SCUBA gear happening!! I can just imagine how many people will sue the airline, probably about 155 of them!!

Edit: Someone sooooo has to make a "Fail" poster out of the piccy that Tex put up, Dick?

hmm they say goose but thats like standard protocol, dont wanna damage their reputations, get fines and have all planes suspended and inspected so they blame the goose!!

Hey DickT...you are up that way...you got any migrating geese coming thru?

Back