• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Ají Charapita Growdown Throwdown 2024

Do you have what it takes to be crowned the Growdown Throwdown King or Queen in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
417528215_359966960277178_1962042871680973150_n.jpg

Am I on the list to receive seeds? I can always pick some up online somewhere.....
If you voted before the end of the poll then you were probably on CM's list already I suppose. Otherwise as we must all grow from the same seed stock you can only participate if you have the seeds provided by Guru...

Maybe a fellow american participant could share some seeds with you🤔

Last edited:
Finally received my packet (thanks to Crazy Monkey). They are already rejuvenating into a shot of Grapefruit & Rosemary Gin for accelerated germination and optimal taste🤘

1708712987507.png
1708713029989.png

Who’s gotten their seeds wet so far?! @Crazy Monkey anyone get theirs yet? You get yours wet? How many seeds total out of those 6 dried pods in each pack? All stuff I’m interested in knowing! Trying to gauge germination rate on them. If people could bust all the seeds out of the berries, count them and then report updates on germ rate, that would be killer.
@Pepper-Guru, I extracted 64 seeds from the 6 berries sent (a bit more but they looked dull or damaged). I soaked 54 of them and kept 10 in reserve, in case of emergency! Will let you know the final germination rate in due time.

Good luck y'all, now things will get nasty:evil:

Last edited:
Last edited:
He was out of Vodka.
Not really but IMO Vodka wouldn't do here as with the most expensive pepper in the world you have to use your finest spirit, not cheap russian potato-made brake cleaner wannabe!

Back