• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs 17th Harvest 10-05-08

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
I had a pretty decent harvest yesterday...annuums are slowing down but the chinense are picking up and finally am getting a few ripe pods....I figure 3 weeks and I will be into the fire time of my season...

Top Row: Pepperoncini...gonna pickle these since I love them with Pizza

Second Row: White Habs, Super Cayenne II Hybrid, Anaheim, and Pasilla Bajio

Third Row: 7 Pot, Trinidad Scorpion runt, Yellow Trinidad Scorpion, Deformed Dorset Nagas, Super Chili, Criolla Sella, Cherry Top (trinidad), Jamaican Yellow Hot

Fourth Row: Red Savina, Chocolate Hab, Wild Brazillian, Deda de Moca, Hot Cherry, Franks Hot Sweet

Fifth Row: Serrano, Jalapeno, Cayenne, Purple Tiger, Orange Hab, Venezualan Sweet Hab

100508a008.jpg

It has been a pretty good year already and I am hoping to get a lot of superhots ripe before first frost...it's raining this morning for the first time in 21 days...bring it on...October is usually a wet month here in north Texas...

all of the Super Cayenne II Hybrids came off one plant that just up and died on me...there are 212 pods there and the one other plant I have has more than that on it...

skealo said:
Nice Harvest.... But, with the Orange Hab tree you only got 2 ripe... What gives??

It will be a couple of weeks before the rest of the pods on the plant are ripe...I have already gotten about 600 off this plant and there will be about another 200 coming in a couple of weeks...

Same here A.J My orange habs are mostly green,pulled about a dozen of yesterday..But so many pods sure are a great producer and i must say a surprise..A good one though :)

the Orange Thai's were producing before the hot weather hit back in July and have been slow to recover since...there are lots of pods on the plants now that probably have another couple of weeks before ripening...I don't think these plants produced as well this year and the ones I had last year...

AJ, you sure have been busy hauling in all of those pods. You have consistently been having great harvests. Great Job my friend. :)

AlabamaJack said:
the Orange Thai's were producing before the hot weather hit back in July and have been slow to recover since...there are lots of pods on the plants now that probably have another couple of weeks before ripening...I don't think these plants produced as well this year and the ones I had last year...
Man, I hear you. That heat this year virtually stopped everything in my yard from growing. It all acted like it was break-time. Stayed green, showed no growth and bore no fruit. The containers dried out in record time. Next year, it'll be hydro with misters. That should balance everything again for a full year of growth.

If i can get half the peppers you did in one harvest in one season i will be happy!
Lovely fruit AJ, enjoy :)

talas said:
Hydro with misters sounds kewl my friend..any particular type of mister you going to use ? :)
I don't know yet, talas. I've never seen one except at Home Depot one time this year that was cooling their outside plants. I'm going to go there and ask them what they have.

The gates are locked so if you decide to come, let me know and I will unlock them and throw a couple of sleeping bags out for you guys...

I hope you all know, if you are a member here, you are welcome at my humble abode...

If you come to sleep in the back yard with the peppers, don't plan on coming in July and August unless you can handle the heat...night time lows are usually mid 80s or a little higher...

Back