• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

AJs 2011 Season Start...

AJ, i'm not sure if it was this post or another but you had mentioned a starter mix that you use. Do you keep your seedling in that mix until they go outside? Or so you have a transitional mix?

AJ, i'm not sure if it was this post or another but you had mentioned a starter mix that you use. Do you keep your seedling in that mix until they go outside? Or so you have a transitional mix?

Hi Geo...I use Hoffmans Seed Starting Mix for the starter trays, then when transplanted to 3" containers, I use a premium potting mix from Archies Gardenland (my local nursery's brand), then when I plantout, I use this same potting mix from Archies and leftover soil/compost from last year at at 50/50 mix...

the hoophouse got tested yesterday for strength...we had 40-45 mph winds...it swayed and bent and stretched and skewed but still is standing this morning with no damage...it gives me a weird feeling standing inside the hoophouse and the wind blowing like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnYnLfL9mEw

When you get bored with chilis you could always design tents for mountain climbing. She looks like she can take one hell of a shot, and if it was only half as tall could REALLY withstand some wind :woohoo:

6 mil Visquene...plastic sheeting...from home depot...

Back