• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics AJs Harvest #3 Pics

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
3rd harvest pics. Already got the dehydrator running...these will be used for rubs for the 4th cookout...

AJsHarvest306-28-08.jpg

Nice. Careful of those Diablo Negros:lol:
Let me know what you think of the Peter pepper's flavor AJ. Mine are all unimpressive looking and I'm thinking of turfing them

thanks all...just a preview of what your crops will be this year...

The peter peppers have heat akin to a cayenne but have a 'dirt' taste to them...all I can say...

I bought the Diablo Negro off ebay kinda as a joke 'cause it was advertised the "hottest pepper in the world"...boy what a rip off....no heat at all...got a sweet bell pepper taste but the plants are really pretty...pepper itself tastes good...

yes sir, ate a naga...tiny slice by tiny slice....blistering hot, but delicious because you get to taste the pepper before the burn starts...I don't know whether I can eat a whole naga just by popping it in my mouth and chewing or not...remember, I have already claimed "wuss" status...my cahones aren't that large at this point in time...

AlabamaJack said:
I don't know whether I can eat a whole naga just by popping it in my mouth and chewing or not...remember, I have already claimed "wuss" status...my cahones aren't that large at this point in time...

AWWWWW COME ON! :P Funny how your Peter Peppers don't look like they should. Is it possible that you got a crossed strain?

I thought the same thing about the Peter Peppers....what's funny is I have two plants growing, one has straight peppers and the other looks like a.....well, a peter...check the first picture of the second post in the preharvest pic thread..

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=6305

Philipperv said:
Yeah I saw that. I would only keep seed from the back one.
Where's the fun in that? they look like normal chiles. the front plant is the crazy-looking one.

thanks P3F...

personally I don't think they taste that good, its fleshier than a cayenne but I will only grow the ones that are novelty...for taste, I will just go with my cayennes...the mesilla and super cayenne II hybrid are great tasting with typical cayenne heat...

Philliperv, If you want, I will save you some off the "straight" plant...

yes sir, ate a naga...tiny slice by tiny slice....blistering hot, but delicious because you get to taste the pepper before the burn starts...I don't know whether I can eat a whole naga just by popping it in my mouth and chewing or not...remember, I have already claimed "wuss" status...my cahones aren't that large at this point in time...[/QUOTE]

Oh those nagas look so good. I AM going to find some of those around here this year. I WILL eat a naga this year! Hopefully I can grow some next year, but will have to learn to start them from seeds as I couldn't find any seedlings this year.

those nagas are on the small size...I just picked the "runt" fruit this time...got a bunch that will be ready within the next 10 days that are about 5cm (2") long and are turning nicely....

062908a016.jpg

Wow AJ, great looking peppers! Make me hungry! The only ones with peppers we have are Ecuador longs, Beaver Dam and none close to ripe yet.

I'm so impatient lol.

Dang, nice stuff there AJ.

*wahhh..me wantee Nagaaaaaas*

I hope my Morich is still that good when it grows up, it's already a beast and it's only 4" tall.

-QS

thanks again all...

Sanj said:
Is that NAGA overwintered from last year?

no sir Sanj...these are the contest nagas planted about 4 pm cst on 1 January....

Back