• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

AJs March 2011

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
I am starting to close down the growrage operation and am moving plants outside...

I needed an area for hardening off the plants so I built one...

Hoophouse photos...there are approximately 800 plants here...

first shot is the first round of planting/transplants...the plants in the larger containers were started on 31 December 2010...

031211a016.jpg

second shot is second round of planting/transplanting...

031211a017.jpg

can you say scorpions?....1780 of them in their new home so they can harden off...I planted thirty two 72 cell trays...ended up with a 77% seed to transplant rate...as long as I can stay above 75% for major plantings, I feel fine...

031211a015.jpg

if the weather decides to get cold again, I will put some of the 6 mil visquene over the entire area...will take a piece that is 26' X 19' and that is sitting on the back porch..

it's a PIA but I bottom water each tray...have two containers that I use to sit the trays in...it takes a long time but lets me inspect each tray of plants while they are getting a drink and something to eat...

I have a business SC

Wow AJ..that is nice. My dad lives in Garland..maybe I should send him my seeds to grow down there! Sure wish I could get mine outside but the weather here in Ohio sucks :(

Shoot yeah man! They look great! If you've seen MY thread, yours DEFINATELY look bigger than mine! At least YOURS arent yellow and dying...

Very nice AJ.I started some scorps. from the seeds of last years plants, that were seeds from you,so far I have 80% germ on the red, but 0% on yellow, I haven't given up yet! thanx again...

Thanks all...just a labor of love...

nice looking plants AJ . they bigger than mine and i planted them befor you did :confused:

thanks Judy...they have been getting a steady diet of Botanicare ProGro and Liquid Karma since popped their hooks...so the way they were grown is 7-10 days in grow box with 3000K lumens/sq ft from mixed 2700K and 6500K bulbs, then 21 days under standard fluoros (Mixed 4100K and 6500K), then two weeks under the new LEDs...thats 6 weeks and they are on their 4th set of true leaves when I transplant...I am impressed with the LEDs so far...

Very impressive AJ. I hope you are going to make some T. Scorpion puree again with some of those. I will be out come harvest time.

it's a PIA but I bottom water each tray...have two containers that I use to sit the trays in...it takes a long time but lets me inspect each tray of plants while they are getting a drink and something to eat...

I tried to bottom water those 3x3x5.5 pots we are both using. I put a whole tray of pots into a bigger container with several inches of water. Waited over an hour but no water was drawn to the top of the pot. Maybe I need to have more patience. The top watering is such a PIA, I would love to just let the trays sit in water like I did with the plug trays. Maybe I need more water in the watering tray to give it a bit more pressure. I believe I ended up waiting a full 2 hours. How long does it take your pots to finish bottom watering? Do you wait till you can see the soil moist on top or just give it a fixed time soaking and know that the soil is moist below the surface.

I just go by the feel of the weight...my rootball is close to 3" deep so you don't have to get the water all the way to the top of the container...

Very nice AJ.

So how many plants ya got total? Looks like an easy 3k. :eek:

I sure hope you had some help potting up, but I bet ya did it all yourself. :)

When do you hit the market to start selling - mid-April?

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

First of all...NICE :mouthonfire:
A couple ??? for ya.

1. Do you ever see a cal mag def. using botanicare?
2. What kind of "soil mix" do you transplant into?
3. Are they all from seed or do you take any clones?

Back