• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

AJs Trinidad Scorpion Project in Mississippi

thanks again all...but I really can't take the credit for the plants...just the starts...my cuz is an amazing farmer...

That's some FAST planting (1800 plants in 2 hours/bout a plant every 4 seconds). Musta had some mechanical help. :)

I hope you have a large picking crew lined up. :wink:

Hope ya you need a huge cotton wagon to haul away that crop. Awesome!!!

A crew of 12 field hands were planting them...3 on a row for the first three rows then all 12 on the 4th row...3 of them carrying the seedlings to the planters...

Incredible man, In---credible, I'd like to see some photos of the most gnarly scorps you find.....

you must be reading my mind...

Oh my... that's mighty impressive AJ. no doubt a dream for a simple man like myself.
Tell your cousin he has a fan in Israel.

I will definitely pass it along to him Omri...

great AJ, I think everyone dreams of that right there, I know i would love to be able to have fields of peppers mmmmhm

Field of Dreams was my first thought.

As a native Mississippian, may I say thanks for adorning our state with such a beautiful site!

again, thanks all...

great AJ, I think everyone dreams of that right there, I know i would love to be able to have fields of peppers mmmmhm

It has been a dream of mine for a few years now...and now to see it come to fruition is a feeling I can't describe...

:D I think i just found my camping spot if i am ever in Mississippi. :D

that's cool Nova...but my cuz would wonder why his "field hands" are sleeping on the job.... :rofl:

As a native Mississippian, may I say thanks for adorning our state with such a beautiful site!

I am also a native Mississipian (Rocky Creek just outside of Lucedale) and the man himself (Butch T) is from the western part of south Mississippi - about 120 miles west of Lucedale (rough estimate)

will be going back to the scorpion patch Wednesday picking a few pods for seedstock and making a determination on when the first harvest will be...it looks like I will harvest the first time in about 3 weeks to a month...this will be the earliest I have ever picked superhots...so seeds will be available next week and fresh pods will be available in about a month...I will post in the market section when they are ready...I don't want this thread to turn into advertising...

Amazing AJ - So much for retiring eh? but again its not really work if you like what you are doing! I remember when you first started your grow chamber and now look - Awesome Man !

Amazing AJ - So much for retiring eh? but again its not really work if you like what you are doing! I remember when you first started your grow chamber and now look - Awesome Man !

thanks LD...I dont' think I retired, I think I just switched jobs where I am the boss and can come and go and do as I please...it absolutely drives me nuts to have to just sit around...just cant do it...I have to be busy doing something...

yup joining this forum and learning from all you guys, especially learning how to grow peppers from seed has been very good to me...

Breathtaking sight! I hope the farm hands understand what they are dealing with and don’t try and sneak a box home with them. I can see it now… First day 12 pickers excited to get started picking, second day 3 show up and 9 call in sick with stomach problems or from the hospital. LOL

Something tells me we wont be splitting a box of pots and trays next year.. LOL I better place my order early as you may put them out of stock with your first order. Ha Ha Ha! Does this mean you will have more Scorpion puree available this year or are all these pods going to be sold in bulk?

Back