• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest AlabamaJack vs. DuvallDaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave's being awfully quiet...he must be workin' some mojo...

after the peppers came off the smoker, they were put into hollowed out Italian bread, topped with sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheese...

IMG_0713.jpg

Money Shot...Gentlemen I present you todays entree'...AJs Stuffed Poblano's with Creole Sauce

A fresh poblano pepper stuffed with a combination of bison, mild italian sausage, ground chuck, extra sharp cheddar, mozzarella, 3 jalapeno, 3 orange habanero, 3 serrano, 6 orange thai, handful of pequins, 1 Tsp of 7 pot puree, 1 tsp Bih Jolokia puree, 1 tsp Trinidad Scorpion puree, and some of my home made spice...the poblano pepper has been wrapped in jalapeno bacon...

it has been smoked for 2 hours then placed in hollowed out Italian bread and put in the oven on broil to melt the sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheese it had been topped with after smoking...

it is served in a chili shaped dish with fresh basil garnish, a roma tomato covered by a creole sauce and topped with shredded parmesian cheese...the creole sauce contains the rest of the peppers in the ingredients picture, tomatos, the trinity, about half of the stuffing for the poblano peppers and a little of my home made spice...

It is full of meaty, cheesy, and spicy stuffing

Bon Apetite
IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

by the way...I have finally achieved the total mouth burn with this combination of peppers...

let's see whatcha got DD...I'm eatin'....

Thanks TB...it sure tastes good...I'm wipin' sweat as I am typing this...

AJ, there is a reason you are the champ!

Holy hell! Meaty cheesy stuffed pepper heroes! I love the one presentation pic, that's confidence, like saying "Here I am."

I've put mine out there...let's see whacha got Dave...

I will probably be in bed by the time your's gets posted but on one of my "get up breaks" during the night I will check the board....

And it is ON!

Great start for the TD challenges, AJ. COME ONE, DD! Let's get the NW Posse off to a good start! Ingredients are looking intrigueing~~~

Rice started
DSC00012.jpg

Adding spices to browned hamburger meat
DSC00016.jpg

Chili peppers prepared and ready to be stuffed
DSC00017.jpg

Ready to stuff the chilis
DSC00021.jpg

Habaneros stuffed
DSC00023.jpg

Anaheim chili stuffed with Monterey jack cheese, meat/rice stuffing and the stuffed habaneros. Topping off with 1498 sauce
DSC00024.jpg

Into the oven
DSC00029.jpg

While waiting for my chilis to bake, I whipped up a topping using Sweet Spicy Girl sauce with left over meat/rice stuffing
DSC00030.jpg

More to come...

Duvall Daves Double Stuffed Peppers

Duvall Daves Double Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients

White Rice
Monterey Jack cheese
Chicken Boullion cube
Dried Dundicut chilis (Course-cut using food mill)
Anaheim chilis
Habanero chilis
White onion
Hamburger
Buttermilk biscuit dough
Sea salt
Smoked Paprika
Texas Creek Southwest Spice Mix
Heartbreaking Dawns 1498 sauce
Davez Foodz Sweet Spicy Girl sauce

Cooking...

First up, making the rice. I brought a cup water with one chicken bouillon cube to boil, then added a half cup of rice and simmered on low for 20 minutes. While the rice was on, I started browning the hamburger on medium heat. When browned
Adding spices to browned hamburger meat
Chili peppers prepared and ready to be stuffed
Ready to stuff the chilis
Habaneros stuffed
Anaheim chili stuffed with Monterey jack cheese, meat/rice stuffing and the stuffed habaneros. Topping off with 1498 sauce
Into the oven
While waiting for my chilis to bake, I whipped up a topping using Sweet Spicy Girl sauce with left over meat/rice stuffing

The money shots...

Double-stuffed chilis on the plate, topped off with Sweet Spicy Girl meat sauce and shredded Monterey Jack cheese and bits of Habanero:

DSC00032.jpg

Cutting in... doesn't that look GOOD!!!
DSC00033.jpg

Man, that was good, and HOT!!!! :hell:

Enjoy! :beer:

Ok, you are both officially AWESOME. If this is any indication of what these throwdowns are going to be like, THP is purely genious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back