AlabamaJacks Exotic Superhots Registered With The State of Texas

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
Well, I suppose I finally took the plunge and am now legal to sell plants in the State of Texas. I got my tax number this morning.

My first attempt at selling plants/seedlings will be at First Monday Trade Days in Weatherford, Texas, 3/4 April 2009.

I am excited and scared at the same time...I just want to sell some pepper plants locally to get a feel for the business...

Thanks all...one of the things I am going to do is NOT SELL to MINORS...

I have some pretty good ideas to get peoples attention...all currently still stashed in my brain...

AJ,

What other kinds of laws and/or regs? Were you required to have a permit or license number?

OH is rather lax in this area, at least with plants. No tax on them, no license needed (unless you are operating a greenhouse), no permit.

Of course, I do have a Tax ID number though it is for my paper. I guess I could always claim I am diversifying!

Mike

Business Banner Designed and Quote Requested

wordwiz said:
AJ,

What other kinds of laws and/or regs? Were you required to have a permit or license number?

OH is rather lax in this area, at least with plants. No tax on them, no license needed (unless you are operating a greenhouse), no permit.

Of course, I do have a Tax ID number though it is for my paper. I guess I could always claim I am diversifying!

Mike

Mike...the only thing I need for the Weatherford First Monday event is my tax ID number...no other permits...I am going to have to find out what the tax laws under the code I applied for it are.

caroltlw said:
OK, now that you're a Professional Grower I no longer need to compare my plants to yours. :lol:

Congrats!

:lol: You, my friend CAN grow some fine peppers...

I designed my business banner this morning and sent it to a local company requesting a quote...

Here is a pic...comments/suggestions very welcome...I was thinking a basic red with black lettering but thought this would stand out better...jut previewed the pic and it is kinda fuzzy but you get the idea...

AJsbusinessbanner.jpg

Looks great man. However, I encourage you to check out www.alabamajacksexoticsuperhots.com

It too me to a singles website, so it may be purchased some how? Or maybe it is unpurchased and google somehow links me to it.

Congrats AJ!!! I know I wish I was closer to TX, as I'd sure love to have some superhots that were cared for as much as yours.

It also says page under construction;)
This "Under Construction" page is an automatically generated placeholder Web page for a domain that is not yet attached to an active Web site. This page replaces the "Not Found" error pages and notifies visitors that a Web site is coming soon

AJ,

The name is registered to Network Solutions, a company that I dislike - a lot! I had a client whose name was registered through them and they charged $90 to release it - even though he had paid to register it.

ajssuperhotpeppers.com is available, though, as is ajspeppers.com

One thing I found out the hard way was to keep the name as simple as possible. The first name I picked for my paper's site was mvccourier.com for MillCreek Valley and then Courier which is my name. But I found that it was hard for people to understand the different consonants and that courier was also easy for people to misspell. Now I use valleycat.net.

There is no rule that says you have to use your company's name as your web name. You really want it to be as easy as possible to remember and type.

Mike

more news...

chicagofire said:
I'm very happy for you AJ

Thanks CF

POTAWIE said:
Looks good AJ. I left a message on your answering machine:)jk

I don't accept collect calls...roflmao...

FiveStar said:
Looks great man. However, I encourage you to check out www.alabamajacksexoticsuperhots.com

It too me to a singles website, so it may be purchased some how? Or maybe it is unpurchased and google somehow links me to it.

Congrats AJ!!! I know I wish I was closer to TX, as I'd sure love to have some superhots that were cared for as much as yours.

thanks Star...the website is mine...I have had the name for a few months but just have not done anything with it...

caroltlw said:
Bwahahahaha! They put up a default page for Exotic Super-hotties.

AJ, bout the banner...
the BF does advertising flyers etc and may be able to throw something together (later) based on your design if you want.

you would catch that Carol... ;)....and yes, check with the BF and let me know something..

wordwiz said:
AJ,

The name is registered to Network Solutions, a company that I dislike - a lot! I had a client whose name was registered through them and they charged $90 to release it - even though he had paid to register it.
Mike

I hope that doesn't happen to me since I "leased" it for 5 years...

more news.....

AlabamaJacks Exotic Superhots is now a registered business name in Tarrant County, Texas and I also went this morning and opened up a business bank account under that name...Linda is checking on getting the name Trademarked (or whatever you do)...she works in a legal office and one of the attorneys said he would help me with the name when I got ready...well, guess what?....I am ready...

Got another 25 5 gallon nursery containers today for a buck each (used)...these are the sturdy ones not the flimsy ones...am thinking about putting my largest Bhuts/Nagas in a few of these and selling for 10-12 Each....

AlabamaJacks Exotic Superhots Trademarked

I went through the process and applied for a Trademark for the business name "AlabamaJacks Exotic Superhots" through the federal registry....

Seems things have really come together today...

Thanks again all...

SM...I am locked in without an apostrophe now since the name is trademarked without it...

something I found out....each type of product you sell has a cost associated with trademarking it...for instance...I am selling pepper plants...that is one fee...plants, fresh peppers, and pepper powder are all under different paragraphs and each require a separate fee for the trademark...

on the bright side...I sold my first 35 plants yesterday...

Back