• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

AlabamaJack's Sex In A Jar vs. CA John

Picked up a bottle of CA John's fatalii puree a few weeks ago. It was my first experience with fatalii, and I liked it. Then our beloved AlabamaJack posted that he had fatalii puree for sale, and I went for it - 4 jars, all for little ol' me! Just got them in the mail, and decided to do a side-by-side comparison. (Pic below has CAJ to the left, AJ to the right.)

CAJ - label indicates fatalii chilis, distilled vinegar, ascorbic acid, and citric acid
AJ - no label, but we know it includes fatalii chilis, vinegar, sea salt and agave nectar

CAJ - more vinegar, therefore more runny consistency - you can see how it spread and flattened on the plate
AJ - more pepper, so even a smaller amount had a fuller body on the plate

CAJ - no seeds
AJ - seeds

CAJ - darker color at least partially attributable to inclusion of red fatalii
AJ - bright yellow color, no appearance of red fatalii

CAJ - strong fatalii flavor, but I would classify it as more savory
AJ - stronger fatalii flavor, more fruity than CAJ's, but still not sweet

On the tongue after good-sized drop placed towards the front of the tongue (but not the tip):
CAJ - initially burned just the top of the tongue where placed, then spread to remainder of top of tongue only. After drinking some tea with lemonaid, somewhat burned the roof of the mouth. Underside of tongue, back of throat and cheeks not affected. After eating some sweetened dried cranberries, heat significantly dissipated.
AJ - initially burned the top of the tongue and the roof of the mouth where placed, then the heat slid to the rest of the top of the tongue and roof of the mouth, as well as the sides of the tongue. After drinking some tea with lemonaid, heat spread to underside of tongue. Back of throat and cheeks not affected. After eating some sweetened dried cranberries, heat only somewhat dissipated.

Overall assessment: AlabamaJack's wins, no doubt about it! :woohoo:
If you haven't ordered some puree from him already, what the heck are you waiting for????

G

CAJvsAJ.JPG

Edit: Added rest of AJ's ingreds

thanks for the good review!!!!!

Thanks for the great review. I can't wait for my jars to arrive. What would we do without the likes of AJ, SS, PRF, etc? I will take these guys any day over store bought.

I can't hold a candle to that man...but it sure makes me feel good to know you guys/gals like it...

:woohoo: Mine just came in the mail (fatalli, carribbean red, black congo and SCARY t scorpian), thanks so much AJ. I'll have to try the Fatalli first later this afternoon and give my feeble noob opinion (opinions are like AHs, everybodys got one). Got here just in time, I'm makin wings :dance: :dance: this weekend for THP's thread and this will be a great addition :mouthonfire: for the pics and flavor.

Chilieaddict hit the nail on the head about all those great folks here and their advise and goodies.

Interesting name....Sex In A Jar. How appropos.

I kinda like that too...especially when it is "AlabamaJacks Sex In A Jar"....

***thinking don't go there AJ....don't go there....***

Sex in a Jar~

so if I got a jar, and geeme has a jar, and logchief has a jar, and if pauly, wasatch, JayT, AJ, PF and TB and others all have jars of AJ's puree...and if we all ate the puree at the same time on the same date...we could say we all had Sex together!!!

:woohoo:
:rofl:

so if I got as jar, and gemme has a jar, and logchief has a jar, and if pauly, wasatch, JayT and TB and others all have jars of AJ's puree...and if we all ate the puree at the same time on the same date...we could say we all had Sex together!!!

Brawahahahahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NOW THAT'S FUNNY! :rofl:

so if I got as jar, and gemme has a jar, and logchief has a jar, and if pauly, wasatch, JayT, AJ and TB and others all have jars of AJ's puree...and if we all ate the puree at the same time on the same date...we could say we all had Sex together!!!

AJ'd better get busy - we're gonna need more of that puree - NOW!
(How many jars you got left? And when's that next crop coming in? Think I need to order more already....)

:D

Sex in a Jar~

so if I got a jar, and geeme has a jar, and logchief has a jar, and if pauly, wasatch, JayT, AJ, PF and TB and others all have jars of AJ's puree...and if we all ate the puree at the same time on the same date...we could say we all had Sex together!!!

count me in.

He's gonna need a label for those jars.... what do you think?
EDIT: bigger version plus "fancy" version

AJ-Label2.jpg
AJ-Label3.jpg

Sex in a Jar~

Count me in...I got a jar!:lol:

Back