• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

AlabamaJack's Sex In A Jar vs. CA John

This isn't floating my boat, but here's a "rough draft" of a possible direction. Envision the pepper as a cut-out; the puree shows through the label and the lettering is foil-stamped. Amongst other things, better images of peppers than the ones I have will help. Still, this one begs for the stuff to the right of AJ to be moved up. And I need to kern the letters. And I just don't like it. Grrrr....

AJScotty.jpg

Clearly it's too late.. need to go to bed and mull this one over more... damn the process!!!

Jeez G...you have been busy...I like the labels a lot...you do have quite an imagination...me...I am just a retired anal retentive engineer...if it doesn't have numbers, I am lost...

Jeez G...you have been busy...I like the labels a lot...you do have quite an imagination...me...I am just a retired anal retentive engineer...if it doesn't have numbers, I am lost...
In my world, no one is "just" anything, except we're all "just" different - your strengths not being my strengths (and vice-versa) don't translate into "better" or "worse" - just "different." And the way I see it, beauty is actually about numbers - there is math involved in art, whether you perceive it or not. That math is actually what "makes" a visual piece - or "breaks" it. I'm not talking about angles or arcs alone, but the whole combination must work together, so that what may even appear at first to be chaotic is actually very well-ordered. So the "math" was coming together in the first examples, but throw the pepper in, and it doesn't work out. This isn't to say it can't be fixed, it's just not working in its current state.

You? You had the imagination to create that setup in your backyard, and to create AJ, and to envision what that combo could do. Look at all the people in this world who have no plan for what to do after they retire, other than veg in front of the TV. And look at the music you play - no one with any understanding of music can deny there's math at work there, too. So you're taking your knowledge of numbers, and are applying it in new ways. Now that is imaginative, and cool!

all I can say is thank you.... :oops:

See geeme I can make labels too :crazy: , but I think AJ and the consuming public would prefer yours :beer:

b5lmja.jpg

Makin wings this afternoon posted on THP's I love Wings.

See geeme I can make labels too :crazy:

Makin wings this afternoon posted on THP's I love Wings.

Too funny! (Love it!) What's the PEQ stand for?

I've been to the museum to draw statues, an art festival, the grocery store, and am now home for (hopefully!) the rest of the day. I'll be testing a different kind of food love this afternoon, but I'll definitely check out the wing thread. I also talked with the owner of the local hot shop, about test-marketing my labels. Said he'd be willing to put 12 jars in his shops (2 shops), if he likes the labels and the jars contain fantabulous sauce/puree in the medium heat range (this is OH, after all, so sad) and the sauce maker was licensed/certified and insured. So I've got to finish up my label designs and find someone who's willing to let me sell 12 jars of their products under a different label, just for test-marketing the labels. Anyone out there who fits the bill wiling to volunteer???

Peq is Pequin powder from my chiapas and pene de diablo pequin peppers. Keystone tastes just like Coors Light and made by Coors, and works out great for us cheap bastards, cause the price is a third less than Coors Light. I guess some Coors Light freaks would argue the point, but again I guess I'm cheap, been drinkin the stuff for 20 years.

Found the wing thread - had to laugh when I saw the pequin posted (duh!)

Beer and wine are similar, in that the price really doesn't matter - it's all up to personal preference. After I finish up all the German beers I've picked up recently, I'll just have to give Keystone a try and see for myself. Note, though, that if I think it tastes like some of the German beers I put down the drain to clean it out (:rofl:), your rep (and Paulky's!) will be forever tarnished with me!

:cheers: Guaranteed it doesn't resemble any German beers, it's just a good light tasting cheap beer and nothing to write home about. To really save money you gotta buy it in the 30 pac, $12.98 at Winco here in CA, now that's cheap stuff. I do enjoy good microbrews, especially Alaska Amber Ale.

Here's part 2 of the comparison. Also posted on the Drunken Chef thread.
Fatalii Simplicity, with AJ's fatalii puree:

Pork Loin
Sea Salt
Garlic Powder
Rosemary Leaves
Roast uncovered in oven at 350F until 160F internal, about 2 hours.

aj2.JPG

More to come....

Here's part 2 of the comparison. Also posted on the Drunken Chef thread.
Fatalii Simplicity, with AJ's fatalii puree:

Pork Loin
Sea Salt
Garlic Powder
Rosemary Leaves
Roast uncovered in oven at 350F until 160F internal, about 2 hours.

aj2.JPG

More to come....

Looking good!

.... and the final pic:
saij2.jpg

Somehow doesn't seem fair, since you don't get a pic of the pork loin with CAJ's puree on it.

Analysis:
AJ's puree retains its heat much better than CAJ's through the cooking process. After dinner, my son gave me a slitty-eyed look, pointed at me, and said "You! Bad!" and walked away. Well, he ate all of it, so I guess that means he liked it!

Both added the wonderful fatalii flavor to the pork, just choose who you serve what to. If your guests can't tolerate the heat, serve CAJ's puree, but if they can (or you're just eating it yourself), serve AJ's.

OOH geeme your going to be the queen of reviews with pork like that :woohoo: I want that outside bark with pork fat, I'm dying :dance: :dance:

Back