• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Alex_K - 2021/2022

Hi! I'm Alex from Brazil!

Some old members might remember me... I make some seeds exchange here back in 2009.
Had about 40 pepper plants but after the end of the season they suffered from massive whiteflies attack and I lost mostly of them... frustrated I gave up on growing peppers plants but this year I decided to start again I bought seeds from TexasHotPepper, HRSeeds and MK hope this time to be successful.

Yeah my english is quite bad but I hope can understand each other!!! :oops:

For now my list is:

(C. chinense)

Puma
Habanada
Naga BBG7 Orange
Big Olive Mama
Big Mustard Mama (gift)
Jays X Purple
PDN X Bonda Ma Jacques (White)
BTR Scorpion
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
Bleeding Borg 9
Papa Joes Scotch Bonnet
KS Lemon Starrburst
Pimenta da Neyde
Butch T X 7 Pod Jonah Gold

(C. annuum)

Murasaki Purple
Lesya
Thai Hot
Buena Mulata
Thunder Mountain Longhorn

(C. baccatum)

Aji Amarillo
Aji Bodysnatcher
Sugar Rush Peach

(C. rhomboideum)
C. rhomboideum (My precious! :lol:)

Good luck for everyone!!!

gHCbB5.jpg

Last edited:
Bom dia, @Alex_K ! I'm guessing the purple starts in the first
pot, second row in the first pic are PdN x Bonda?

Very interested to learn more about your pepper growing in
Brazil, Alex.

Hiya Alex lovely to see you back.๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
Hi David!

Thanks to having me back! ๐Ÿ‘

Bom dia, @Alex_K ! I'm guessing the purple starts in the first
pot, second row in the first pic are PdN x Bonda?

Very interested to learn more about your pepper growing in
Brazil, Alex.

Olรก Paul รฉ um prazer conhecรช-lo!

Hi Paul nice to meet you!

You right! the purple starts are PdN x Bonda.
So... You speak portuguese right? It's all I need!!! Just kidding! ๐Ÿ˜„

I hope I can contribute to the community...

Hi Alex, what type of climate do you have? Tropical, subtropical, ...

Hi Dieter nice to meet you!

I think here were I live is located between Aw and Cwa in Kรถppen classification is like tropical with less rain than traditional tropical climate with (89.6 ยฐF avg.) hot summers and (55.4 ยฐF avg.) mild winters.
You are from Mexico right?

Hi Dieter nice to meet you!

I think here were I live is located between Aw and Cwa in Kรถppen classification is like tropical with less rain than traditional tropical climate with (89.6 ยฐF avg.) hot summers and (55.4 ยฐF avg.) mild winters.
You are from Mexico right?

Yes, from the tropical lowlands. Half year dry and half year thunderstorms. Warm winter (28-30ยบC), hottest period in early May (35-38ยบC).

Yes, from the tropical lowlands. Half year dry and half year thunderstorms. Warm winter (28-30ยบC), hottest period in early May (35-38ยบC).

Wow, the climate where you live is tropical, I never imagined it was so hot there in Mexico...
Have you managed to successfully grow C. pubescens there?
I ask, because here in Brazil I've never been able to... I believe it's too hot for the species!

Wow, the climate where you live is tropical, I never imagined it was so hot there in Mexico...
Have you managed to successfully grow C. pubescens there?
I ask, because here in Brazil I've never been able to... I believe it's too hot for the species!

They grow a lot of manzano (local name for rocoto) locally, but only in the highlands. The relative humidity is lower than in the lowlands, as are the temperatures at night. I haven't tried rocoto yet, but it's on my list. I'll tell you next year :)

I don't know if counts, these are varieties that I sowed early in the fall, nothing very interesting...
They are producing the first pods.

Trinidad Scorpion Olive
First time I'm trying
gHa8g0.jpg

gHtYlC.jpg

7 Pot Douglah

gHt9Da.jpg

gHtqWe.jpg

Jamaican Yellow Mushroom

The shape of this pepper...

gHtH3P.jpg

gHtlNm.jpg

Cayenne

gHt6Hq.jpg

gHtCXA.jpg

Plants and pods look nice and healthy, good work!
Nothing to apologize for there, @Alex_K, I'd say those
definitely count!

Last edited:
Thanks Admin to have me back It surprises me how this forum has changed, I almost didn't recognize it! ๐Ÿ˜„

Nah! My plants is just OK, because they are in small containers hope to get some peppers to make hot sauce! ๐Ÿ™‚

Back