• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Alex_K - 2021/2022

Hi! I'm Alex from Brazil!

Some old members might remember me... I make some seeds exchange here back in 2009.
Had about 40 pepper plants but after the end of the season they suffered from massive whiteflies attack and I lost mostly of them... frustrated I gave up on growing peppers plants but this year I decided to start again I bought seeds from TexasHotPepper, HRSeeds and MK hope this time to be successful.

Yeah my english is quite bad but I hope can understand each other!!! :oops:

For now my list is:

(C. chinense)

Puma
Habanada
Naga BBG7 Orange
Big Olive Mama
Big Mustard Mama (gift)
Jays X Purple
PDN X Bonda Ma Jacques (White)
BTR Scorpion
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
Bleeding Borg 9
Papa Joes Scotch Bonnet
KS Lemon Starrburst
Pimenta da Neyde
Butch T X 7 Pod Jonah Gold

(C. annuum)

Murasaki Purple
Lesya
Thai Hot
Buena Mulata
Thunder Mountain Longhorn

(C. baccatum)

Aji Amarillo
Aji Bodysnatcher
Sugar Rush Peach

(C. rhomboideum)
C. rhomboideum (My precious! :lol:)

Good luck for everyone!!!

gHCbB5.jpg

Last edited:
@Wiriwiri
I think I'll still get some peppers until winter comes! But it was a good season, I managed to produce enough to make all kinds of pickles, sauces and the rest is in the freezer. Hope you all have a great season there in the northern hemisphere! :dance:

Another disappointment, what should be the "Aji Charapita Iquitos" is certainly not the true to variety.
I think I'm having bad luck with the sellers! From the looks of it, it must be some sort of C. annuum and no this time is not from ebay! 😆

rhnoQk.jpg

Well... It happens! 😞

Update...

Thunder Mountain Longhorn

Long funny shaped pods!

tWLDBC.jpg

tWLNY5.jpg

tWLf2z.jpg

Aji Bodysnatcher

Yellow spots in the leaves of this variety... Magnesium deficiency? 🤔

tWLHYK.jpg

tWLz2Z.jpg

Big Olive Mama

Big pods that stay green yellowish even when ripe.

tWLSCP.jpg

tWLeSm.jpg

tWLnxi.jpg

PDN X Bonda Ma Jacques

This should be the white variant of the cross but instead I think this is the purple variant, they finally produced the first pods.
Anyway I'm happy with the result, good looking pods! 😎

tWLMp9.jpg

tWLYF2.jpg

tWLu0v.jpg

Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon, Bonda Ma Jacques, Condor's Beak and Purple Death have grown quickly and are already bearing pods, the Condor's and Purple Death have a beutifull color...

Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon

tIsWFZ.jpg

tIsj0P.jpg

tIs0Bm.jpg

Bonda Ma Jacques

tIsIoi.jpg

tIsg2o.jpg

tIsrJ9.jpg

Condor's Beak

tIste2.jpg

tIs1xv.jpg

tIsTRC.jpg

Purple Death

tIsEp5.jpg

tIskFz.jpg

tIsCIT.jpg

Last edited:
...any luck with the wilds?

First of all thanks to @Wiriwiri for the seeds, I'm just grateful to be able to try!
Unfortunately I still haven't had much success with wilds, some sprouted others not yet, I trying two methods the first planting directly in seed-start mix soil and the second I pre-soaking the seeds in a solution of peroxide and water for 60 minutes and then planting in vermiculite, the average temperature was between 19°C ~ 29°C (night/day), now I took the seeds/seedlings inside as it started to get cold here I hope some still sprout...
I don't have a much experience with wild ones so maybe I'm doing something wrong, still have 2 - 3 seeds of each species so I can try one last time, if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it!🙂

Sprouted:👍

C.cardenasii
Peppa Peach
Blue Mystery
Brazilian Starfish Orange
BB Habanero (CGN 24360)
C.galapagoense* (Sprouted but stuck inside the shell/coat, I made a incision in the shell but I don't know if will survive🙁)

Not yet:😟

C.eximium CAP 1491
C.tovarii
C.flexuosum Purple
Ulipica La Paz
Cumari verdadeira

Last edited:
I'll be interested in your take on the Blue Mystery,
@Alex_K. Last season, the one I grew had a lot
of praetermissum characteristics. Main difference
the leaves being a bit thicker and not quite so
smooth of a surface. Took a long time for the
pods to ripen in the Fall. Actually only got a
small amount for such a large plant.
popcorn2.gif

Last edited:
First of all thanks to @Wiriwiri for the seeds, I'm just grateful to be able to try!
Unfortunately I still haven't had much success with wilds, some sprouted others not yet, I trying two methods the first planting directly in seed-start mix soil and the second I pre-soaking the seeds in a solution of peroxide and water for 60 minutes and then planting in vermiculite, the average temperature was between 19°C ~ 29°C (night/day), now I took the seeds/seedlings inside as it started to get cold here I hope some still sprout...
I don't have a much experience with wild ones so maybe I'm doing something wrong, still have 2 - 3 seeds of each species so I can try one last time, if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it!🙂

Sprouted:👍

C.cardenasii
Peppa Peach
Blue Mystery
Brazilian Starfish Orange
BB Habanero (CGN 24360)
C.galapagoense* (Sprouted but stuck inside the shell/coat, I made a incision in the shell but I don't know if will survive🙁)

Not yet:😟

C.eximium CAP 1491
C.tovarii
C.flexuosum Purple
C.cardenasii
Ulipica La Paz
Cumari verdadeira
Growing wilds from seeds require a lot of PATIENCE...take the TOVARII for example that can take up to 4 months to germinate,
as does the Ulipica La paz as happened with me ...as each of our conditions vary in terms of temp,humidity etc. it's hard to pin point
success rate ...don't give up...sit tight & do the basics like keeping the seeds hydrated/humidity /temp appropriate etc.
Been there done that, .... many xs time over..keep the faith Alex...keeping my fingers xed.🙏

Last edited:
@PaulG
If everything goes well in the next season we will see how this variety will grow, from the little information I got on the internet it looks a lot like C. praetemissum, but at the same time it seems to have characteristics of other species too, very interesting! 😲

@Wiriwiri
So there's still a chance they will sprout, because it's been 2 months since I started the seeds, it seems that the wild ones have erratic germination so now it's time to wait and keep the faith on the seeds! 🙏

Thank you all for the information, now it's time to exercise my patience! 😁

Update...

Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon and Bonda Ma Jacques

The pods starting to ripe

tqgjMZ.jpg

tqg0aP.jpg

tqgZ6m.jpg

Purple Death

It had a dramatic change in colors, it seems to be quite hot with a lot of capsaicin around the placenta

tIsCIT.jpg

tqggzi.jpg

tqgrbo.jpg

tqg1t9.jpg

Pimenta da Neyde

It stands out with its almost black foliage and black pods that do not change the color even when ripe

tqgRK2.jpg

tqgTPv.jpg

tqgkjC.jpg

Bleeding Borg 9

The plant "number 2" produced pods with a "bleeding" calyx, interesting mutation

tqg6d5.jpg

tqgCMz.jpg

tqgJhT.jpg

tqgV6b.jpg

I think you have the high end of the
Scoville Scale locked down, Alex!

Great looking pods.

With increasingly colder nights, the season is coming to the end here.
For you guys It's just the beginnig right? I saw that @MarcV will have a nice collection of Scotch Bonnet this season while @PaulG is rocking with the wilds! It will be exciting to watch your plants grow! 😁

Hats off for a great season, Alex _0/".

See you in the Grow Logs, buddy!

Back