• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

All purpose miracle gro, ever use it?

Cayenemist, I am very interested to see the experiment as I think other people truly do too, deep down. Everone loves to see side by side comparisons of things and this would not only be cool to see, it would have a basic purpose too. And about it having to be on a large scale...I understand the technical aspect of having a lab setting, but in the long run I think we would see enough results on a smaller scale to determine what this experiment was set out to do.

By the way, where would I find the fatalli pic?

Waiting for the inevitable posting of the fatalli plant picture....

....I know it's around here somewhere.....(let me drop a line to guru to make sure it's ok to use his pictures)...didn't really ask before and probably should have ---->

To me, I have not seen a rival grown hydroponically, in ground, container, with MG, etc. The only other comparitive photo is the one of a bhut plant grown by Luigi Mauriello.

search for this and go to page 11 ----> Guru's 1/8 Acre Fabriculture - 5 yr mothers

Haha.. I am not calling anyone a hippy. I'm not for or against MG either.

I'm a noob or newb. Woot... Errr something like that. Is that what the cannabis growers call us Capsicum? Deal me in. I mentioned a couple experienced growers in my post that have different techniques, but post proof of their successes. All I have seen from you is a couple pieces of bark on numerous occasions.

. AJ has mentioned he uses MG,anyone here that would say he doesn't know what he is doing would get laughed off of here.

You just said AJ uses MIracle gro and he is a pro pepper grower and I was agreeing miracle gro works???
Just using the word "noob" thought I would try and stay up with the times. ;) I was NOT directing the word "noob" towards you Prodigal_son or anyone on here. I have learned a lot on this sight!!!!! I meant noob like new gardeners that say miracle gro is bad and won't look into the real science behind it. I used to do the same so....

I even stated that there is better choices.

"I could simplify this whole program into just one thing, maxibloom. Which will end up happening after I run out of the other fertilizers. Maxibloom really is all you need!!!!!"

Waiting for the inevitable posting of the fatalli plant picture....
Cayenemist, I am very interested to see the experiment as I think other people truly do too, deep down. Everone loves to see side by side comparisons of things and this would not only be cool to see, it would have a basic purpose too. And about it having to be on a large scale...I understand the technical aspect of having a lab setting, but in the long run I think we would see enough results on a smaller scale to determine what this experiment was set out to do.

By the way, where would I find the fatalli pic?

lol.. it's in here, apparently the 3 times I posted it was to many. That thread is my Bible so Enjoy!
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/21940-gurus-18-acre-fabriculture-5-yr-mothers/page__hl__%2B5+%2Byear+%2Bold+%2Bmothers

....I know it's around here somewhere.....(let me drop a line to guru to make sure it's ok to use his pictures)...didn't really ask before and probably should have ---->

To me, I have not seen a rival grown hydroponically, in ground, container, with MG, etc. The only other comparitive photo is the one of a bhut plant grown by Luigi Mauriello.

search for this and go to page 11 ----> Guru's 1/8 Acre Fabriculture - 5 yr mothers

IMHO Luigi Mauriello grows magical plants indeed, but they are tied up that way and no where near as bushy as Guru's Fat Fatalii that puts out 100s of pods every season

It's not that Miracle Grow doesn't work or is inferior to organic means of growing.
Those of us who don't use it do so because we don't want man-made chemicals in our plants.
We get enough of that crap in the produce from the super market.

It's not that Miracle Grow doesn't work or is inferior to organic means of growing.
Those of us who don't use it do so because we don't want man-made chemicals in our plants.

I can agree on that. I want to start composting more so I can just make compost tea and use that as fertilizer.

lol.. it's in here, apparently the 3 times I posted it was to many. That thread is my Bible so Enjoy!
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/21940-gurus-18-acre-fabriculture-5-yr-mothers/page__hl__%2B5+%2Byear+%2Bold+%2Bmothers

IMHO Luigi Mauriello grows magical plants indeed, but they are tied up that way and no where near as bushy as Guru's Fat Fatalii that puts out 100s of pods every season

Totally agreed.

Plus, and some may disagree, but I have compared true organically grown versus man made fertilizers and there is a taste difference IMO. (bracing myself for the soon to be responses..., haha)

Totally agreed.

Plus, and some may disagree, but I have compared true organically grown versus man made fertilizers and there is a taste difference IMO. (bracing myself for the soon to be responses..., haha)

"Plus, and some may disagree, but I have compared true organically grown versus man made fertilizers and there is a taste difference IMO. (bracing myself for the soon to be responses..., haha)"

. Synthetics may be focusing on basic macro/micronutrients in high levels to get full production, plants may miss out on all the other micronutrients and minerals found in organics.

Here you go this is what I am talking about!!!

"Although there are a wide variety of nutrients that can be purchased or made, hydroponic systems tend to offer a less complete range of nutrients. This is commonly the reason why some hydroponic crops are reported less tasteful than their soil grown counterparts."

"Naturally, soil gardens offer your plants a larger and more complete amount of nutrients and minerals. With a properly mixed or conditioned soil all macro, micro and mineral nutrients will be available to your plant’s root system."

http://joemacho.hubp...oponics-vs-Soil

Hi all
i'm new to THP and growing superhots, but I've been an avid garener for many years.
It seems there is a major point being missed here.
There is a big difference between feeding the plant and feeding the soil. MG does great at feeding the plant but does not help the soil. Some argue that over time MG will actually harm the soil by leaving salts which can eventually ruin the soil.
It comes down to sustainability.
If you feed the soil and treat it like the living thing that it is, you will need less extra ferts.

I am not totally against ever using MG, but I may use it only once or twice a year. I believe that keeping the soil alive and happy will keep my plants happy. Worm poop, cow poop, compost, cover crops, mychorrz etc.

cheers
DaveJ

Which one tastes better. Probably the organic right? I have seen how a lot of people are against the man made ferts.

Which one is better. Probably the organic right? I have seen how a lot of people are against the man made ferts.

When it comes to growing containers synthetics are the best choice. Organics require microlife in the soil to break down the organics into food for the plant. These microbes function based on soil temp. If soil temp or other condition are not perfect your plant will not uptake food. Even When they are working at their peak organics are still not delivered as quik as synthetics. Growing in ground makes sense to grow organic. Growing in a container is very much different from in ground. Not saying you can not grow organic in containers just saying its not as effective as synthetics. This is what a professional told me anyway, so do not take my word for it. :surprised:

When it comes to growing containers synthetics are the best choice. Organics require microlife in the soil to break down the organics into food for the plant. These microbes function based on soil temp. If soil temp or other condition are not perfect your plant will not uptake food. Even When they are working at their peak organics are still not delivered as quik as synthetics. Growing in ground makes sense to grow organic. Growing in a container is very much different from in ground. Not saying you can not grow organic in containers just saying its not as effective as synthetics. This is what a professional told me anyway, so do not take my word for it. :surprised:

I think that "professional" is full of crap personally but to each his own.
What makes him/her a "professional" anyhow?

I think that "professional" is full of crap personally but to each his own.

Stated by "Tapla"

"The problem with organic nutrient sources for container culture is, the populations of soil organisms required to break down the organic molecules mentioned aren't stable. They are greatly affected by temperature, moisture/air levels in the soil, pH, fertility, and other factors, so their populations tend to follow boom-bust cycles depending on how favorable conditions are. Delivery of nutrients is as unreliable as the populations required to make them available, which is why soluble synthetic fertilizers are much more reliable, easier, and take most of the guesswork out of fertilizing - you know exactly how much of what and when your plants are getting it. "

Source: http://forums.garden...5242522104.html

I am glad I found this. Don't want anyone misled.

Its science. :rofl:

Stated by "Tapla"

"The problem with organic nutrient sources for container culture is, the populations of soil organisms required to break down the organic molecules mentioned aren't stable. They are greatly affected by temperature, moisture/air levels in the soil, pH, fertility, and other factors, so their populations tend to follow boom-bust cycles depending on how favorable conditions are. Delivery of nutrients is as unreliable as the populations required to make them available, which is why soluble synthetic fertilizers are much more reliable, easier, and take most of the guesswork out of fertilizing - you know exactly how much of what and when your plants are getting it. "

http://forums.garden...5242522104.html

I am glad I found this. Don't want anyone misled.

Well I guess all the most successful Canna growers are all wrong using organic fertilizers. :rolleyes:
What do you mean by "organics" anyhow? Are you referring to amendments or organic fertilizers?
You can feed container plants an organic fertilizer like Earth Juice and it works great.

Well I guess all the most successful Canna growers are all wrong using organic fertilizers. :rolleyes:
What do you mean by "organics" anyhow? Are you referring to amendments or organic fertilizers?
You can feed container plants an organic fertilizer like Earth Juice and it works great.

I can't say anymore. In-organics work great in containers, thats not to say organics dont work which yes they do just not as quik.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

lol
I agree to disagree. You are a skilled grower and I respect that!
Soil Temp, you mean like the soil temp in the plants natural environment? These plants evolved for millions Billions of years to Grow on MiracleGrow? ;)
Surely they weren't evolved to grow in pots either, but no one said soil wasn't a very important part of organic growing. The first step in organic growing is probably finding a good healthy rich soil. like Mixing your own or ProMix, FFoF, Edna's, Etc...

Dude for sure you are a skill grower, and If I need help with synthetics I will ask you, but please don't say that Organic is inferior, because that is just not true.

It all comes down to what you want to grow with, I just want people to know that organic is a damn good option for many reasons.

I can't say anymore. In-organics work great in containers, thats not to say organics dont work which yes they do just not as quik.

Not as quick?
Go look at Guru's BrainStrain and tell that to me again.

Sorry Guru for all the attention that I give your thread, but it is becoming the readers digest of Organic pepper growing.

As a user (previous) of MG soil and AP fertilizer, I have had good results growing in containers (easier for me to maintain and move around as needed) - I have had 7 ft tall goat's weed plants as well as utterly massive habanero bushes....all with MG and MG fertilizer.

This year, my initial plants were all started in my year after year (easy as hell potting mix - 50/50 MG and Jungle growth) with no differences in transplanting times, pepper types, watering schedules etc. I had always been sketchy of organic ferts and thought it was primarily a hippy concoction, haha. Well this year, I found this site before I ever dosed my plants with anything other than what was contained in the potting mix...I read Guru's GLOG, other posts, an picked his brain for tips on growing (before I ever knew he was an organic grower). From this I began dosing my plants with compost, worm, and guano "teas" as well as bacterial and fungal teas per his advice. My plants have now been dosed with a fungal tea, bacterial tea, and a fish, kelp, and worm feed....my plants are as big now as they usually were in late August, but now with more fruit, healthier leaves, and extreme growth of not only new leaves and branches, but of buds and peppers (not my personal experience when using miracle grow - lots of growth and size with sporadic pepper production).

My plants this year are the best they have been in my entirety of gardening....which brings me to the next point >>> organic growing is definitely more than just dosing with fertilizers, it is about providing optimal in ground conditions (in a container or otherwise) complete with a biological nutrient uptake system that converts the feed given into an optimum growing nutrient source that is as close to nature/natural as possible.

I'm all for technology and advancements to provide mean optimum results for the masses, but organic growing and soil conditioning beat the sh!t out of my previous MG plants on any given day.

I just don't see how you can argue that the most natural, untampered, nutrient uptake process can be bested by synthetically derived fertilizers...

I've always been one to at least try something to its fullest entirety before approving or disproving with personal bias...

Just my two cents...

Back