• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

All This Talk About Superhots Getting Big

lostmind said:
Those suckers look bigger then the other naga pics I've seen - is it a camera angle thing or are they big and painful?
They are a large naga variety from Bangladesh which I refer to as BigBang Naga

DSC02432.jpg

First ripe Naga

DSC02435.jpg

Ripening 7Pots

DSC02437.jpg

Habs

DSC02439.jpg

Nipples (not sure how hot they are tbh, but they're from Trinidad, so they can't be that much outta place!)

Finally got a few 7 Pod Jonah pods that look the way I wanted. :)

The center pod is the perfect representation. Very unusual and different than all other 7 pod strains.

Chris

P1070399.jpg

Nice pods cmpman! I didn't realize there were different varieties of 7 pods. Where do these seeds originate from I assume someone hooked you up. I can't even find anywhere to get regular ones or scorpions or those awesome douglahs posted above.
But anyway does the flavor of these pods differ from the others?
What about the heat level?
I assume it is still blistering.

Bhuts anyone? :)

Josh, yes there are several strains of 7 pot / 7 pod I'm aware of. I got this strain years ago from a trader friend. The flavor is similar, but as all in this family, relentlessly hot. Flavor is hard to detect unless you have an iron tongue. :) Some believe this strain is the hottest of all. My original source said it was obtained by a friend who lived in T&T.

Chris

P1070409.jpg

It took two years to try, but I finally got a pod from ONE seed gifted by a person in Italy from a lucky pod from Frontal Agritech. This was the variety than spun off almost light green / whitish immature pods that ripen red. These have the lightest starting color of any super hot I've seen.

We weren't supposed to have gotten the seed as they planned on rolling it out as an improved version (larger pods). Hey, luck doesn't hurt at times. :)

Chris

P1070448.jpg

P1070452.jpg

GReat job, the pod looks awesome and it shows that patience pays off! Did you deseed it or - I guess so - weren't there any seeds at all? Don't worry, I'm not asking because I want some! :)

Yes, I deseeded the pod. It would have been a bummer if it didn't have seeds after all that! I'm going to overwinter it too as it's quite productive.

Chris

Chiliac said:
GReat job, the pod looks awesome and it shows that patience pays off! Did you deseed it or - I guess so - weren't there any seeds at all? Don't worry, I'm not asking because I want some! :)

Finally Some Scorpions that look like Scorpions

well, out of all my Scorpion plants, to me these pods are very representative of what I had in my mind a Trinidad Scorpion was supposed to look like...one of the pictures is blurry but I am posting it anyway 'cause you can see the shape of the pod...

100108a007.jpg

100108a008.jpg

100108a009.jpg

100108a010.jpg

Now if they would only get ripe...most of my other scorpions look like the 7 Pots...

that's what I'm waitin' on PRF...nice

Back