• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Alph`s 2010 garden...

[quote name='Brito's Pepper' date='18 July 2010 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1279502812' post='361929']
Great man, you are not as beginner as well as I thought,
Beautiful plantation you already have there.
I wish you success and a great harvest.
Take care :cool: :)
[/quote]

Thank you!

Maligator, been following your thread for a few weeks ;)
Well...what can I say..first time grower in a new state and things didn't exactly work out as I had planned. Craptastic weather this year coupled with my ding dong mistake with the soapy water...Oh well. :oops: I keep a log so that I and others may learn from my own mistakes. Next year...New strategy = try and not screw it up :P I still have a bit of a grow season left and we shall see what develops.
Hope you have a spectacular grow season! I hope everyone has a great grow season. I like to see others do well ;)

Well...what can I say..first time grower in a new state and things didn't exactly work out as I had planned. Craptastic weather this year coupled with my ding dong mistake with the soapy water...Oh well. :oops: I keep a log so that I and others may learn from my own mistakes. Next year...New strategy = try and not screw it up :P I still have a bit of a grow season left and we shall see what develops.
Hope you have a spectacular grow season! I hope everyone has a great grow season. I like to see others do well ;)

Absolutely! I have learned so much from the logs in such a short time :dance:

Made my share of mistakes... learned and moved on. My comment wasn`t a critique of your thread or methods, just an acknowledgement that I saw it :)

Peppers and tomatoes are doing well. Cucs are another story. Had to kill 3 Japanese and 4 Divas due to bacterial wilt.

My first Habnero(orange) pods! 7 in all :dance:

pods002.jpg

Some large blossoms on the Red Caribbean :dance:

Hope the extreme 95+ of the last few days doesn`t mess with things...

pods004.jpg

Very nice. Your plants from seed look super happy. What's do you use for potting mix? Also, do you remove the fiber pots when transplanting?

Very nice. Your plants from seed look super happy. What's do you use for potting mix? Also, do you remove the fiber pots when transplanting?

I was using MG moisture control. Switched to Scotts premium and like that better.
Found a local place to get Pro-Mix for next year :dance:

I remove the peat pots and the Red Hab had a coconut pot and that was removed also.
Break apart the soil on the rootball and bury 1/3 of the stem on the store boughts.

The ones I grew from seed that survived were grown in a Parks 18 cell Bio-dome. Got 34 of 36 seeds to sprout :dance:

I think it is the fish emulsion and seaweed that they like. Also the Habs were given Budswel
2 weeks ago and are starting to sprout.

I am starting to doubt that my Caribbean Red is a Carib after all. 2 largest pods have what looks like 3 lobes :eek:
Almost like a green pepper look.

carib048.jpg

Here is the plants with 11 pods set...

carib049.jpg

And these are the ALLEDGED Yellow Scotch Bonnets... first has one pod set and lots of blooms.

carib050.jpg

These 3 are coming back nicely. Pulled all of the first blooms and they are beginning to set again :dance:

carib051.jpg

nice plants. congrats on the first hab pods and surely there will be tonnes more to come! That caribbean red is definitely not a carib red. certainly looks like a bell pepper like you mentioned. if you're looking for some seeds for the caribbean red, let me know and I'll hook you up.

nice plants. congrats on the first hab pods and surely there will be tonnes more to come! That caribbean red is definitely not a carib red. certainly looks like a bell pepper like you mentioned. if you're looking for some seeds for the caribbean red, let me know and I'll hook you up.

Thanks, will be intouch. That will suck if its a BELL PEPPER sold as any kind of HOTT pepper... live and learn. :( Orange hab has 30+ pods :dance: I stopped counting :lol:

Back