• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Alright then... Back in the game...

P1070623.jpg

P1070628.jpg

And finally some good ones.

P1070620.jpg

Lay off the ferts till they have 3 - 4 sets of true leaves. But at that time you will need to repot so ferts aren't totally necessary.

Do you have any circulation?

How is the humidity? If they are too dry, you can make a humidity tray.

Second, I wonder if you might have mites. You might want to check the leaves with a 10x magnifier.

Could also be nutrient, they don't need much if any yet.

It may be too dry as the plants are directly next to a radiator that is on 24/7, however the temperature fluctuates between 29 and 21 when the CFL above them is on and off.

I've checked the leaves, there's nothing apart from a little oedema.

Thanks Pepperfreak. Cos the current plants seem ok I gone ahead and planted a further 20 or so seeds for the following types.

7 pod
Bolivian Rainbow
Purple Tiger
Fluorescent Purple
CGN 22795

I've stuck with mostly pretty purple types cos the misus is getting annoyed with sprawling greenery so adding some vibrant colours may settle her down.

I'm also using the wet paper towel method at the moment to see how that will go instead of using soil to germinate them

Hey Bugged!

Great to see you're persevering at the whole chilli 'thang'!

I wonder if the lad at www.fatalii.com wouldn't be able to give you more local help? Particularly with soil issues? He grows forests of peppers in Finland so it's certainly possible...

Just a thought...;-)

Cheers Huntsman. Fatalii is local(ish) he's in southern Finland but not quite the Helsinki area. He actually sells his chilis to thethe national supermarkets here. I've purchased many of his nagas.

Back