• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Am I the only one thinking of next years grow?

Hay folks just sitting her thinking about next year and and what I want to start. So far I am thinking of doing 30 total plants. The part I'm not to sure on is how many in witch plant. I want to make a lot of powder. So here is my rough list..

1. Caribbean Red
2. Red Bhut
3. Peach Bhut
4. Chocolate Bhut
5. Chocolate Hab ?
6. Jalapeno x a bunch lol popper's
7. 7-POD JONA
8. Jay's Peach
9. Ajijoe mix I have 2

peppers are always on my mind it seems lol.

I was thinking maybe i would do less variety so i would have enough to make lots of powder / sauce of a few kinds. i think 5 plants each gives you a respectable amount..

I'm with Juanitos... fewer varieties, more pods. I went tabascos and jalapenos this year. Supers next year

I'm starting to get my list for next year ready as well. Less supers, more sweet-hab level peppers for me next year I think. I'm the only one that eats supers, so need to grow more that we can eat all the time.
Superhots-
Bhut Indian carbon
Yellow 7 pot
White 7 pot
Nagabrain
Brown moruga
7 pot primo
Bbg7

Hot-
Peri peri
MoA Scotch bonnet
Congo red
Fatalii
Yucatan white habanero

Mild-
Jalapeno cracked
Giant jalapeno
Bishops crown
Brazilian starfish
Black Hungarian
Aji pineapple
Maras biber
Urfa biber
Aleppo
Trinidad perfume

Sweet-
Jimmy nardello
Sweet apple
Banana
Bull's heart

Wild-
CAP 215
Tepin
CGN 19198
Cumari pollux

Yeah, I told myself I was only going to grow two varieties this year, and ended up with ~18. . . .Here's hoping for next year.

But really, I want to grow only one or two varieties next year . . . honest . . .

Well, because of my climate, I'm basically growing year-round...

Where is the pubes Kevin? They have been a pain to grow, but no fresh pepper tastes better to me than a monzno or rocoto. They should be on your list for sure.

And , yes. Most of us are planning our grow next year already.

Like others, mine will be fewer varieties and more plants of each. Shooting for 50ish total plants. We'll see what actually happens.

Yea my thing is , is space. I am going to grow some on my back porch as well. But they will be my iso plants. yet to be picked.

With almost a straight month of rain and 70's daytime and 50's overnight 23 of 26 are super hots and stopped producing and odds are slim that I will get more than a dozen pods.. Hey there's always net year!!

Every year i say myself less varieties, more compact stuff that does not make my balcony looking like a jungle but then... every year i collect more stuff and some funky cross pops up LOL
Next season is always the best season :)

Cya

Datil

I'm growing about 50 plants this year, and I have waaaaaaay too many pods. So right now I'm planning on like three or four plants. That way, after all my additions to the grow list that I know will happen before spring, 2015, I'll have about 2 dozen.

I'm going for a non red 2015 season
1. Peach bhut jolokia
2 chocolate fatalii
3 white fatalii
4 aji lemon
5 Bulgarian carrot
6 purple UFO
7 yellow jelly bean
8 yellow lightning hab
9 7 pod white
10 Peruvian white hab
11 white bhut jolokia

Yea I'm already planning too.. Here are some notes I've made.

Triple the perlite.
If I'm using inert soil I should probably start ferting much, much sooner..(How dumb can I be?)
Triple the jalapenos.

Here are the ones I've decided to grow again for sure this year, will probably add 2-3 more new varieties

Jalapenos, Cayennes, Chocolate habaneros, Datils, Ghosts, Bubblegum 7 pots, Scorpion sweets,

chsy83 said:
Yeah, I told myself I was only going to grow two varieties this year, and ended up with ~18. . . .Here's hoping for next year.

But really, I want to grow only one or two varieties next year . . . honest . . .

Maybe you should plan to grow -9 varieties then? haha

I'm definitely growing more annuum, bacattum and fructescens and few chinense since my wife has a bad reaction to them no matter how much I use or don't use.

Back