An intro from a Canadian in Thailand

Welcome from Pennsylvania. I would love to learn more about the varieties of Thai chiles. I find them here, but they are all just called Thai.

You see JayT here in Thailand, you can find about 30 names for each it depends on who you ask, its kind of a good thing very casual. If you need to know more its a journey to find out.

Birds eye, Asian birds eye, Thai hot, Thai super hot, Chili point sky, Chili shit rat or mouse, (To Thai same same) Chili shit rat good smell, Chili shit rat small or garden, Chili shit rat red and so on. Could be the same chili but different people call it different names. I hope to learn and share with you. For the most part I have a hard time finding different ones other then the 5 common ones

Chili shit rat... 3 kinds... can be big or small, hot or hotter (who grows it in what) Chili point sky... 1 kind, but big shit rat is called it some times or vice versa... Chili youwa... have not figerd it out yet if you ask to much stuff they can say thats what there all called, plus buy and leave... Some are 4 inch long and 1 inch fat, not hot. some are small and yellowish or orangeish yellow with a bit of zip.

But have found that seedlings can pop up in about 2 weeks. Have orange bell peppers and some nice Prik key nuu and I hope more. Planting soon so I'll write down the date of start, date of seedlings, flowering and end.

The video is from what I can tell Prik key nuu suan... They can look a little different but thats them. Prik key nuu hom... is a little bigger. I like the web site that you sent JayT, some of the one I see look like the same same to me. But have to look at how do they grow on the plant what are the differents ? I Canada I breed snakes, scopions, Tarantulas and Orchids & mushrooms. So I'm bad for not liking 30 names for one thing love latin names less problems. I sell you some magic beans not something else I promise, but it turns out to be just beans. Sorry I've seen 5 species become 1 with 2 sub species and so on, when some body looks close. Thats why I'ed like to learn more, I like the taste of ..Habaneros.. and the build up of the top heat, wife likes. Also ..Jalapenos they have a sour bitter taste, my wife hate them. I'm looking for some others that bring something to the meal.

Back