• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

An overdue appointment

Attended my first AA meeting today... Should have gone years ago... To those my dark side has insulted over the last year (geez sober HC is sick of apologizing for drunk HC) I do apologize, for what little that is worth.

Step one... I am an alcoholic...

Hopefully new and improved folks...and yes, that is why I took a pass on the Jungle Jims...

imaguitargod said:
RRRREEEALLLLYYYY?!?!?!?! Are you serious?

afraid so dude... :drunk: HC has gotta go...p***es too many people off... I admire people who can have 2 or 3 and walk away... I, unfortunately, am not one of them...

Hot Canuck said:
I admire people who can have 2 or 3 and walk away... I, unfortunately, am not one of them...

I'm not one of those people as well :(

Well, best of luck!!! I hope you are able to keep it up as this seems like it's something you wanted to do.

imaguitargod said:
I'm not one of those people as well :(

Well, best of luck!!! I hope you are able to keep it up as this seems like it's something you wanted to do.

I'm a real nice guy when sober... Much more likeable... Especially when I look in the mirror... yeah - a little scary, but I am happy to face the truth...

texas blues said:
Best of luck Canuk!

TB.

Thanks TB. One day at a time, as they say...

Hot Canuck said:
I'm a real nice guy when sober... Much more likeable... Especially when I look in the mirror... yeah - a little scary, but I am happy to face the truth...

Thanks TB. One day at a time, as they say...

I've been in the AA program for almost 2 years! I'm happy to call myself an alcoholi...;)

joeknowsjolokia said:
I've been in the AA program for almost 2 years! I'm happy to call myself an alcoholi...;)

I am looking forward to one day saying the same thing... Normally I'd say cheers but...lol...

imaguitargod said:
Wow...never been called that before....feels weird...I must go slack off to overcompensant.

LOL... you kill me ...

I am rededicating myself to my cooking hobby. Tonights dinner was mini red potatoes, green beans, yellow beans, garlic ( all from one of the local farmers stands ), in a cast iron skillet, sauteed in olive oil and a combo of Defcon 1 and 2. Tossed in wild blueberries after it was plated... I should have taken a pic. It looked as good as it tasted...

getting low on Defcon 1 tho...

Just keep it very simple and get a sponsor and be honest especially with yourself. Been doing it for over 20 years since 1 july 1988 but years don't count just a simple day is the best one.

Best of luck HC. My father was an alcoholic until I was 13, when he quit cold turkey. Never touched a drop till the day he died.

Be strong.

I wish you the absolute best HC. Sounds like you've come to a decision and are dedicated to seeing this through. I gave up the drink about 10 years ago. Send me a PM if you ever feel like chatting.

Back