• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any bourbon experts out there?

I have a real old bottle of very old Fitzgerald 5th. If there's a rich member with a good offer let me know. This bottle is 47 years old and unopened. Photos if anyone knows about this bourbon let me know.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 63
Really cool old bottle Andrew!! It appears to be in excellent condition for its age, with an upper shoulder fill level. Got any pics to show clarity?

I found this lil tidbit on the distillery

The Stitzel-Weller Distillery in Shively, opened on Derby Day in 1935. For four decades, it thrived and was known for making the finest bourbon in the world. On June 30, 1972, the company was sold. After a series of name and ownership changes, Stitzel-Weller is now owned by Diageo. Though the site today is operational in that it stores and rests barrels of various whiskies, Stitzel-Weller has not been a functioning distillery since 1992.

If I had some cash buried in the hills somewhere I would certainly make an offer.  :cheers:

:doh: Sorry for the misunderstanding. From what I see that bottle is pristine! Any true collector would pounce on that shiz

The Hot Pepper said:
boss I think my friend has a 500 offer from a liquor store owner. I sure thank you I will tell him. Never know he might let it go around the 500 level but will try to get him off the price. The problem is he saw a person on line sell one similar for 1000.

500 is solid especially if private sale/cash, 1000 at an auction, you lose buyer and seller premiums and these seem to sell more around 300 anyway.

PS. Again, not an offer, your question was the worth.

Back