• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Any growers in KS?

Lost power last night and killed 5 supper hots that were still in the germination tank. Probably be able to save the Florida wilds but it's reload on the super hots. Even better news I just got in plenty of seeds of Coral reef, Black prince, and Christmas baby from Kevin to pass out. Pm me

This is a copy of a post I have in the forum ads. I don't know who checks that so I thought it would be of interest here.

Just a heads up for anyone in the Wichita area. We're taking some plants this Saturday April 18th (8:00 am- 4:00 pm) to the Derby yard sale/flea market which is at the site of the Derby Antique Market 317 N. Rock Road in Derby, Ks. It is the old Dillons location right off the corner of Madison and Rock. I'll bring the Reapers, CP115s, Caramel Morugas, 7 pod Bubblegums. Maybe some peach bhuts if I have space. We'll be in slot #9.

Hell, just show up to talk peppers! Mention THP and this thread. Don

WichitaChief said:
This is a copy of a post I have in the forum ads. I don't know who checks that so I thought it would be of interest here.

Just a heads up for anyone in the Wichita area. We're taking some plants this Saturday April 18th (8:00 am- 4:00 pm) to the Derby yard sale/flea market which is at the site of the Derby Antique Market 317 N. Rock Road in Derby, Ks. It is the old Dillons location right off the corner of Madison and Rock. I'll bring the Reapers, CP115s, Caramel Morugas, 7 pod Bubblegums. Maybe some peach bhuts if I have space. We'll be in slot #9.

Hell, just show up to talk peppers! Mention THP and this thread. Don
Don't temp me to make that 3 hour drive to get some bubble gum in the garden this year. :fireball:   I have already grown too many this year...  :stop:

someguy said:
So where are you at? I am in the thriving town of Ames population somewhere around 30 people.

About 20 miles outside the capitol!  :cheers:

WichitaChief said:
If we had any day trips up to KC planned in the next month I'd bring some. But it doesn't look like we will.

Appreciate the thought, how big are your plants Don? I don't need too much excuse for a road trip for peppers.

midwestchilehead said:
Sounds like you are somewhere right around me!

Yep! Looks like i'm only about 10-15 miles from you!

Helped a local food co-op with installing a bunch of new beds today.  Looking pretty good, hopefully they are successful with their grow!  :dance:
M5BXM62.jpg

My photobucket is so glitchy I sad screw it and deleted it. I'm not a person that has to host a jillion pictures on the net. I'm trying imageshack. So far it is working fine. (take that Photobucket) I'm not figured out if I can rename or if you can it is not easily determined. I hope these image sizes work.

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4607/5zawMY.jpg

Reapers

http://imageshack.com/a/img901/9530/QRKpnk.jpg

CP115

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/9715/XsuRK4.jpg

Bubblegums

http://imageshack.com/a/img901/4740/SQamyr.jpg

Caramel Moruga

I'm not sure why the picture is only linking and not showing up directly. Old and dumb. That's me. Let me know if they don't link properly.

WichitaChief said:
My photobucket is so glitchy I sad screw it and deleted it. I'm not a person that has to host a jillion pictures on the net. I'm trying imageshack. So far it is working fine. (take that Photobucket) I'm not figured out if I can rename or if you can it is not easily determined. I hope these image sizes work.

Looking good Don! Unfortunately between the weather and a new to me unexpected visit from the in-laws  :banghead:  :beer:  :banghead: I won't be able to make it down to your event tomorrow.  Maybe I can break away and get down in the near future. Hope it goes well and the rain holds off for you  :confused:

midwestchilehead said:
Sounds like you are somewhere right around me!

Do you also sell live plants midwestchile?

A big thanks to SpicyMom for driving ALL the way down here to Wichita to pick up some of my babies!! I know they will do well for you given the quality of the trades you brought me!! I look forward to the evening we cook up some of those snacking peppers.  Enjoy!! I can't wait to hear how the CP115's do and what the caramel moruga does for you too!!

I was pointed to this post... I now see why!!!
A group of growers in Kansas!! Stoked :)
I will be stationed there in june!
I wont be able to start plants or anything once I move there,
but you bet I will be starting them in August or September
like I do here in Germany! I have already made communications
with some of you and hope to talk to all of you. I am excited as
A good friend and grower in OK will only be a little over 4 hours away!
I may have to pay a visit to others because I will be meeting
up with him! Anywho, I have around 127 varieties in seed and
Am happy to share any variety I have that is not a "no share" variety
from other growers haha
Recently, ARS-GRN send me GRIF 9283 seeds, I have a few
left and will grow out and again disperse the seeds around ha!

WichitaChief said:
A big thanks to SpicyMom for driving ALL the way down here to Wichita to pick up some of my babies!! I know they will do well for you given the quality of the trades you brought me!! I look forward to the evening we cook up some of those snacking peppers.  Enjoy!! I can't wait to hear how the CP115's do and what the caramel moruga does for you too!!

Apparently my screen name likes to auto-correct to Spicy(Mom) lol. I promise you, Bruce Jenner I am not! :stop:

Flint Hills were gorgeous on the way down and your peppers even more so! Yours seem to be taking the full-sun break in a bit better than mine! :cool: Think I babied mine a little too much... they are coming around though.  Gonna put the hoop up on the main bed this week since i'm up to about 12 hours outside a day right now, 4-5 of direct sun with them just out on the patio! :clap:

SpicyMon said:

Apparently my screen name likes to auto-correct to Spicy(Mom) lol. I promise you, Bruce Jenner I am not! :stop:

Flint Hills were gorgeous on the way down and your peppers even more so! Yours seem to be taking the full-sun break in a bit better than mine! :cool: Think I babied mine a little too much... they are coming around though.  Gonna put the hoop up on the main bed this week since i'm up to about 12 hours outside a day right now, 4-5 of direct sun with them just out on the patio! :clap:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who got it corrected to Spicemom hahahah!

midwestchilehead said:
No, sorry, I don't sell plants. And welcome, Kyle!

Thank you for the Warm welcome buddy!!!

Hey welcome. I am located about 50 or so miles from the base. When I get some pods this summer I would be more than happy to hook you up. Anyways if there is anything I can do for you just let me know.

Kyle Reese Contreras said:
I was pointed to this post... I now see why!!!
A group of growers in Kansas!! Stoked :)
I will be stationed there in june!
I wont be able to start plants or anything once I move there,
but you bet I will be starting them in August or September
like I do here in Germany! I have already made communications
with some of you and hope to talk to all of you. I am excited as
A good friend and grower in OK will only be a little over 4 hours away!
I may have to pay a visit to others because I will be meeting
up with him! Anywho, I have around 127 varieties in seed and
Am happy to share any variety I have that is not a "no share" variety
from other growers haha
Recently, ARS-GRN send me GRIF 9283 seeds, I have a few
left and will grow out and again disperse the seeds around ha!

If you PM me I can let you know what plants I have and if it works for you I can save a few back from what I sell or plant to keep for you until June to give you a start yet this year. Don

That's super awesome of you man! I would love that!
What all do you have?

I can give you some seeds if you want any?
I have a lot haha

CAPSICUM ANNUUM

Farmer's Market Jalapeno
GMO Serrano
Elephants Ear
Santaka
Pimento De Bresse
Serrano
Chocolate Pablano
Green Chili
Costeno Amarillo
Yellow Cayenne
Golden Cayenne
Giant Jalapeño
Friggitello
Amish Pimento
Baker's Pepper
Pablano
Urfa Biber
Tomatenpaprika
Peperoni (Deutch)
Topfpaprika
Ramiro
Orange bell
Purple bell

CAPSICUM BACCATUM

Aji Banana
Queen Laurie
Chili De Auga
Sand Dollar ?
Cap 267

CAPSICUM CHINENSE

Fatalii Jigsaw
Carolina Reaper
Pink Tiger
Naga Morich
Caramel Moruga Scorpion
Tobago Seasonings
Red Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend
HP 38
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Spotted Purple Bhut Jolokia
7 Pot Burgundy
Kraken Scorpion
Chocolate Cappuccino Scorpion
Pixie
VV7 Scorpion
Brain Strain Hybrid (Ford)
Red Bhut Jolokia
Red 7 Pot Bubble gum
Brazilian Ghost
FTL Scotch Bonnet
Dorset Naga
Chocolate Douglah
Cheiro Roxa
White Habanero
Carrot Jolokia
Yellow Daisy Cutter
Chilli Goronong
Peach Trinidad Scorpion
HP 26
Black Congo
7 Pot Jonah
Sepia Serpent
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Savannah
Golden Bean
CGN 21500
Jamaican Yellow Mushroom
King Naga Yellow
Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Big Black Mama
Pumpkin Habanero
Yellow Trinidad Scorpion
Sunrise Scorpion
Satan Strain Moruga
Chocolate Habanero
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
Brown Bean
Judy's Brown Bhutlah
Fatalii
Black Naga
Red Scotch Bonnet MOA
7 Pot Douglah

CAPSICUM FRUTESCENS

Thai Hot
Tabasco
Birds Eye Chilli

CAPSICUM PUBESCENS

Unknown Rocoto
Red Monzano
Canario
Aji Largo
Red Rocoto
Orange Locoto

WILD CAPSICUM VARIETIES

White Labuyo
Rice Grain Labuyo
Tepin Type
Tepin Type
Tepin Type (Large)
Siling Pansigang
Cabai Rawit
Pequin

ORNAMENTAL CAPSICUM VARIETIES

Fish Pepper
Numex Twilight
Numex Piñata
Numex Sunrise
Numex Eclipse
Chilly Chilli
Black Pearl

HYBRID CAPSICUM VARIETIES

Bad Brains F2
King Denniz XOXO
CGN 21500 X 7 Pot Barrackpore
Infinaga
Hablokia
Yellow Sniper
Pink Tiger Variation 1
Pink Tiger Variation 2
Pink Tiger Variation 3
Butch T X Rust Jolokia
Butch T X Moruga Scorpion
Carolina Reaper X Naga Morich
Carolina Reaper X Brazilian Ghost
7 Pot Bubblegum X Yellow Jalapeño
Super Jalapeño
Chocolate Cherrybomb X Golden Cayenne

Most of these are shareable :)
This is true for all:)

Holy shit that's a list!

This years crop:
  • Jay's Peach Scorpion
  • Peach bhut
  • 7 Pod Brain yellow
  • CP115 (Chocolate select strain) - Trinidad Douglah x T. scorpion Butch T
  • Caramel Moruga
  • 7 Pod burgandy
  • 7 Pod bubblegum
  • Carolina Reaper
  • Chocolate moruga
Plus if you don't tell I have some super sweets i only sell around the playgrounds wearing a raincoat. Psssst!! Buddy. Want a giant Marconni??  But seriously. I do grow sweets also.

• Gourmet
  • Giant Marconni
  •  Aconcagua
  • Flavorburst
  •  Gathers gold
  •  Baron
  • Orange sun
  •  Red Knight
  • King Arthur
  • Early Sunshine
  • Nardello
  • Corno di Toro Yellow
  • Gold Marconni
  • Carmen
  • Atris
  • Early Summer
  • Japaleno Cracked
  • Wally World Mix

WOW!!!!! What a list Kyle. Beats me lol. Out of 14 types this year I got 5 so far and that's enough for me for the year. Heck there's alot on that list I have no clue about. Could you humor a old man a give me alittle more details on the tepins(they're my favorite.

Any Wichita people who want to talk peppers we'll be at the Herb Day out at the Sedg Co extension office (21st and Ridge Rd) Saturday May 2nd. We'll be there 8-10??. We can tease people buying "hot peppers" as they walk around with some japs! I'll bring my usual collection (see list above) to hawk. We won't be with the farmers market as that requires tax numbers, etc. Call me at 316-655-3022 (Don)

Back